Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #51
Bastos

I just bought Fahrenheit, and I must say, a Top game......one of the better i play'ed the last months...

Bastos
Bastos is offline                         Send a private message to Bastos
Old 23-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #52
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

Just bought Forgotten Realms Deluxe Edition that includes: Baldur's Gate I and II with Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal, then Icewind Dale I and II with Heart of Winter, and Neverwinter Nights with Shadows of the Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark.

And I'm lovin it...
Old 24-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #53
onenpiepah

I bought Baten Kaitos for Gamecube ($12 + way too much--more than half that--S&H) and Bushido Blade for PSX ($8 complete! What a steal!)

So far I'm really enjoying Baten. The reviewer quoted on the box who said, "Possibly the most beautiful game for GC" wasn't kidding. The smoke effects are awesome and the floating islands are cloudy and nice. The pre-rendered backgrounds have an oldschool-yet-gorgeous feel, sort of like those first shots of digitized canyons in Final Fantasy III/VI. The card-based battle system keeps you involved with random draws and countless combos. Things as simple as blocking an attack require fast thinking and reflexes--in a turn based RPG! It sounds strange, but it really works, and totally saves me from the "X button, X button, X button" dredgery. (Or in the Cube's case, big-green-button, big-green-button, big-green-button... *grins*)

As for Bushido Blade, it's a freaking classic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. No time limits, life bars or dial-in-combos. Just mean, gritty swordplay and one hit kills. There's never going to be anything like it again. (Not even the direct sequel let you cripple your opponents, and that's a real shame. Because there's no greater glory than having both your legs broken and still managing to land the deciding blow.)

Okay, enough blathering. Sorry about the mini-reviews. You should all go out and buy these games, though, 'cause they're really neat. And I have a deal worked out with Square/Namco to get $0.50 every time someone buys one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Bard @ Feb 23 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]280612[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Just bought Forgotten Realms Deluxe Edition
[/b]
Is that shovelware? Or is all the original stuff included, like a Blizzard battle chest/box/whatever they call it?

I almost bought that Baldur's Gate II Collection with the addon pack included, but I stopped because I wasn't sure if it had all the original manuals and stuff, or if they were just .pdf's on a CD. (I can't stand that sort of release. If it's my only choise, I'll live with it, but if at all possible, I try to track down the original release.)
onenpiepah is offline                         Send a private message to onenpiepah
Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #54
FoxURA
Forum hobbit

I bought Supreme Commander last Sunday but haven't even installed it yet because my schedule has been too full lately.
FoxURA is offline                         Send a private message to FoxURA
Old 05-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #55
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

I just bought Fable and I think it is garbage. It comes across as way to simplistic and constrained. It seems totally linear, more like a console action game than a true RPG. I'm mad I spend $20 on it.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 06-03-2007, 01:25 AM   #56
BlindMonk

Last items I bought were a fairly nice group:

- Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
- The Longest Journey
- Fallout 1 & 2
- No One Lives Forever
- Combat Mission

I've played the lot of them prior but never had a chance to own them till recently. When I start playing again it will be a very fun time indeed.

:monkey_dance:
BlindMonk is offline                         Send a private message to BlindMonk
Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #57
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

I got Twilight Princess. That was the last thing I bought.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #58
jg007
Super Freak

Just added another 4 to the collection , although the boss did insist that I take back 3

Quake 4 (£9.99)
Half Life - Generations (£4.99)
Soldier of fortune II (£1)
Hitman (£1)

and going back :tai: -

Sum of all fears
Doom 3
Simpsons hit and run
jg007 is offline                         Send a private message to jg007
Old 05-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #59
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jg007 @ May 5 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]289333[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quake 4 (£9.99)
[/b]
my honest condolences :bleh:
Old 06-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #60
kamiko
Abandonia nerd

Resident Evil 4 & Fahrenheit , both for PS2
kamiko is offline                         Send a private message to kamiko