Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #531
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to kad3t

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Start, Brother and many members will help YOU.
Believe me lucky man..

This is one of the best game ever played.

Take the tomahawk, ride the horse and THE POWER to be with YOU..
I started playing Champions of Krynn today, so I will be playing WoX after I complete that first.

Thanks for your encouragement though! I'll welcome all the help I could get when I'll eventually will be playing it.
kad3t is offline                         Send a private message to kad3t
Old 14-03-2010, 03:59 AM   #532
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Welcome on board

LOL
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 14-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #533
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Welcome on board

LOL
Thanks!

Even though I'm not playing WoX yet, I do have few questions though if any of you guys is willing to answer. ^__^

1. I understand from what I've seen from test run of the game that there is no party creation options and player starts with default pre-created party. But is there an option later on or if one could based on the game's events alter that party later in the game?

2. The battles/fighting is in FPP as in most RPG games of that time. Are all the encounters turn based or does one have to "fight" with the clock whilst fighting with the enemies? ^__^ I tend to prefer turn based fighting not only as it gives ma an option to carefuly think about my battle tactics but also as it does not keep me tied to the screen all the time & I'm free to do other things whilst playing a game. ^__^

3. And last but not least (there's definately more questions to come but that's when I start playing the game) from my experience with RPGs I know that there's at least few ways player can better their stats & skills. Most common ones are:

I. Whenever player earns a level he can freely (up the certain class/race limitations) alter stats and skills using earned skills/exp points.

II. Skills and stats get better whilst being used. As in if my character jumps often his dodge and acrobatics skills will improve. If he uses bow and arrows then his range weapons skills will grow, etc.

Which of these two types (if not any different) is used in WoX?

Thanks!
Old 14-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #534
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

1. For creating your party just turn around from your starting point, walk a few steps and enter the inn. In the inn you can create new characters and replace the old ones.
Remember to transfer items from characters you want to delete to other characters, you can't trade items in the inn.
I'd replace the knight with a barbarian since barbarians gain more attacks with levels and can therefore fight much better. You can also roll characters which have better stats if you want.
But the pregenerated party is good enough, many have beaten the game with it.

2. Everything is turn based.

3. Neither.
When you gain levels you gain hit points, spell points and additional attacks per round, casting levels or thieving skill points also increase.
Stats can be raised by drinking stat raising fluids and doing quest related stuff, most skills can be learned from trainers you'll find during the game.
Stats and skills are not increased by practicing, you don't have to waste time for shooting at walls or swimming in circles.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 14-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #535
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
1. For creating your party just turn around from your starting point, walk a few steps and enter the inn. In the inn you can create new characters and replace the old ones.
Remember to transfer items from characters you want to delete to other characters, you can't trade items in the inn. (...)
That'll come in handy. Thanks! It's not that I'm dissing the pre-made party, it's just I'm one of them people who love to make their own. In the end I feel more attached to characters I created myself and also I know them all the way through, what their strong and weak point are, etc.

Quote:
2. Everything is turn based.
Awesome!

Quote:
3. (...) Stats and skills are not increased by practicing, you don't have to waste time for shooting at walls or swimming in circles.
Even better! I hate grinding at RPGs, it's just makes them to, hmm, arcade-ish for me... ^__^

Thanks for answering! If I get a chance I may actually start WoX tomorrow, if I won't it will have to be some time later this week but I'm all into it now. ^__^
Old 17-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #536
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
When you gain levels you gain hit points, spell points and additional attacks per round, casting levels or thieving skill points also increase.
The Problem is that the higher your Level is then you have to pay more to train to higher Levels.

To get on Level 200 and higher you need many hundred Millions Gold! So dont waste your Money too much and put it on Bank to get Interests. 10% every Week.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 13-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #537
xeen lover 866
Thumbs up

Quote:
Mates,
I want to play Clouds of Xeen. But after I killed all monsters in Vertigo and try to leave the city, game asked me for some password. No idea. I lost 2 days to search for this protection in the Inet, no result.
Maybe some good person will be so kind to help me.
By the way I played the game about 6-7 times. But because my version was let say ah.. you-know .. I was unable to kill the Lord Xeen in the last battle with magical sword found in the underground of the Newcastle dungeon after password "laboratory"..
Then I started Darkside - same version .. of course same bad result. Well, now I want to wipe this lord forever, because my fight with this enemy is long.
But I need your kind help.
I am experienced and dedicated RPG player and need only this password.
Ty for yr help.
yoga
If you want you can just use the mirror. It can teleport you anywhere.

Old 18-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #538
MasterofXeen
Default Trick for starting a new game

Okay, so this is a bit of a cheat, but it will allow you to escape the dreaded "not enough gold to train" level cap most players experience in this game.

This is a bit of a long investment, but if you put the extra time in to do this (I'd say it will take you about 45 not terribly fun minutes), it will make the game a bit easier, though it is a bit of an exploit/cheat.

First create a ringer party in Vertigo. It only has to be a few characters. There is a place in town you can go to do a week's work and earn 50 gp. Normally this ages your character and wouldn't be recommended. But if you take your ringer party and work there for a while, you can earn around 10,000 gold or so, usually by the time your ringer heroes are in their later geriatric years. If you allow your heroes to get too old, they will die just from the exertion of walking around, so be sure to stop when they hit 70 or 80. Take the gold from these heroes and put it in the bank. Then let them retire and create a second ringer party.

Now you have a couple new, young, fresh heroes and ten grand in the bank. Make those heroes work for another fifty years and the ten g's you put in the bank should now, by compounded interest, be worth millions. You can do this as many times as you like to allow your hundred years old bank account to generate as much wealth as you please, but I don't suggest you try to exceed a few hundred million gold or the counter will reset back to zero.

At this point, create your real party and get started playing the game, the game will fundamentally be no different than had you started this way in the beginning, except for the fact you will have near infinite gold in the bank. If you want to minimize the impact of your cheating, just use your party gold and save your bank gold for the end of the game when you need it. However, if you've played the game before you'll know that you generally have more than enough money save for training characters past level 100.

Hope that helps.

Also, I recommend that experienced players who would like a challenge try playing through the game with fewer than the allowable six characters. I did a game with a Barbarian/Robber/Cleric/Sorcerer combination that allowed all of my characters to attain a higher final experience level and higher class statistics and resistances which was capable of completing the entire game and slaying the Mega Dragon, which most of my six player games found impossible.

This is my favorite game of all-time, and perhaps the best role-playing game out there, due to the incredible variety of challenges you will come up against, be it from magic/monsters/puzzles/time or more, and unraveling the non-traditional story was a real treat. This is an RPG that takes so many game years to complete that the aging of my heroes becomes a genuine concern. That's an accomplishment.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #539
Nivm
Default I find it kinda annoying this place doesn't have specific-thread searching.

_I've been playing this game on and off for a few weeks with an odd, little download installation, but without any sound or music, as this Win 2000 computer has no graphic or sound card (tried the "PC speaker"; ow). However, I have finally reached→defeated Lord Xeen*, and I wanted to get the full force of the cutscenes; where I actually know what they're saying.
_I have a vista laptop now that might be able to do it, and installed the game successfully. However, when I try using the shortcut to run the game, it tells me that "This system cannot run in fullscreen mode." And the message is labeled "DOS 16 bit subsystem error".
_Is this the generic error for trying to run DOS applications on newer systems? Or is there something I can do about it?

*Severe Spoilers‼
_It was a Fun moment. I had just finished using the mirrors to go to different fountains and use spells, turning a decent level 18 party into a very powerful level 28 party, in preparation to ascend Darzog's tower and attack Lord Xeen. However, I was having a forgetful and dazed moment, where I stared at Rivercity's magic mirror thinking there was some bonus I had missed and I needed to remember how to get to it. Instead of remember the bonus or that I had already gotten it, I typed in the location I could remember I needed to go; "Lord Xeen". And well! What do you know? Lord Xeen was in possession of the Sixth Mirror, and that mirror recognized this fact. I was significantly faster than him, but only the paladin with the Xeen Slayer could do damage. 2 hits and one wounded cleric later, he was destroyed.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #540
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivm View Post
_I have a vista laptop now that might be able to do it, and installed the game successfully. However, when I try using the shortcut to run the game, it tells me that "This system cannot run in fullscreen mode." And the message is labeled "DOS 16 bit subsystem error".
_Is this the generic error for trying to run DOS applications on newer systems? Or is there something I can do about it?
Run the game in dosbox.
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider