Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #41
DARK PRIEST

FUNDAMENTAL E R R O R IN ISHAR 3

When I played Ishar III - ENGLISH version I found BIG ERROR.
It's "hidden" in episode with " son of zoltar in the forest +58 "
When I met him , he should say some story and after give me a GOLD KEY to
the dungeons with Sith BUT ... After sentence " Hello ... when I was in mother womb ..."
Nothing happens . I start From the same moment In FRENCH Version and ... IT WAS OK,
he told all story and gave me a key.The error is in a text file called MESSAGE.IO.
I thought the file has been damaged BUT I downloaded many ENGLISH versions from many SITES
AND ... Every ENGLISH Version has SAME ERROR.
More Over I checked in HEX Editor and I found interesting thing . There is second block
of text it begins not " Hello ..." but " Warm Tear ... " and after that there is rest of whole story.
WHY DOES IT NOT WORK ? ? ?
Maybe somebody know something about that , and know where to find ENGLISH version WITHOUT ERROR ? ? ?

Greetings !

Dark Priest

Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #42
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Well, as you said - every english version has the same error.
It's quite possible that this is a bug that occured in the game production.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #43
olo
for the best performance my recomendation is use amiga version of ishar 3.
To do this you need: AMIGA 1200hdd or,
Winuae, Ishar 3 AGA in adf files , kickstart 3.1 A1200 ROM, and workbench OS 3.1.

winuae configuration is: CPU= 68EC020+FPU with "more compatibile" option
Chipset=AGA with defalut options
ROM= KS ROM v3.1 (A1200) rev 40.68 (512k) or better
RAM= Chip 2 Mb Fast 8 Mb
Hard drives=device-dh0 volume named as sys
device-dh1 volume named as work

when you start real or emulated amiga with hdd, first install workbench 3.1 on dh0 partition, make dir on dh1 partition named as ishar3 or whoever you want and copy all files from game disks to this drawer.
Dont use orginal ishar3 install aplication, becouse it has many bugs and game will not run.
After copying all files, restart amiga or winuae and "start with no startup-sequence".
in amiga dos window write: loadwb and press enter, after this you will see small info window, click CANCEL
three times, next write: endcli and press enter.
Now you have pure amiga system with over 2 mb of chip memory wich is needed to start the game.
go to game folder and press start icon, game will run, next click on language and silmarils logo.
Attention!!! don't press ESC key when you see the game demo, if you press ESC,game will not run.
Wait and watch the demo until you see game menu, then you will know what to do .
Amiga version working 3 times faster than PC version and it contains less number of bugs.
so if you have WinXP, better is use winuae-amiga emulator instead DosBox
ps. sorry for my english
I'm from poland

Old 30-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #44

anybody know why i can't get the game to start in dosbox?...i installed the game to "CDDRIVE", and it's in the directory. but when i type start it keeps sayin "illegal command"...anybody know what to do?

Old 30-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are the mounts configured correctly?
Are you trying to run the right executable?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #46
PapaNasty
Hey guys, I just found this site a few days ago and it brings back all the memories I have of games I started out playing in the early 90's, its a wicked site and great work! I still have manuals, disks and early cd's of many of a few of these games!

A small issue I have with this Ishar 3 copy, (I have the english version on CD that doesn't work with Dossbox on my system), after installing the latest dossbox and downloading the abandonia copy, I find that the game has no sound in dossbox (everything seems set up fine) and the shops have no text in the popup windows. ANother funny thing is that the intro on this copy is different to the one on my CD, but while this copy does run, my cd copy has an issue with running MAIN.IO file in dossbox.

Looking at the copy on here, it has a bunch of fewer files, seem to have no sound files that I can recognise, and I have a hunch that its the german version someones translated into english (why else for the german mainscreen?)

If any of the admins want, I can send them the files of my CD for Ishar to see if they can get it to work, the complete adobe manual (in english) and the complete list of english password protection codes

I'm going to try and re-download ishar 3 from here to see if it was just my download that bugged up.

Old 24-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #47
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
If any of the admins want, I can send them the files of my CD for Ishar to see if they can get it to work, the complete adobe manual (in english) and the complete list of english password protection codes[/b]
You're welcome

-- Reed Richards
Old 30-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #48
Andy D
Lurker

I'v downloaded ishar2 and ishar3. Ishar2 is working with no sound and very slow, Ishar3 completly don't want run. I'm using laptop: Pentium 4, 2GHz, 512 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go. What is wrong? I need to configure my machine or something else?
Andy D is offline                         Send a private message to Andy D
Old 31-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The Ishar series - like most of games on Abandonia - were made for DOS rather than Windows. To run them properly, you need to use either VDMSound or DOSBox.
We have a guide for newbie DOSBox users stickied in the Troubleshooting forum.

-- Reed Richards
Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #50
zsyrqk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy24/7 View Post
i´ve got a big problem near the end of the geme. im in the forest (+50) talking to
thina and zoltar´s grandson , but he won´t give me the golden key which i need to enter the last dungeon. can somebody help me? or is this just a bug and i can start the game from the beginning?
Got the same problem. Does someone knows how to deal with it?
Btw: i've got an additional blue key in the north part of Koren-Bahnir killing thiefs - instead of money bag The key is useless, or am I wrong....
Pitty: such a nice game and so many bugs in it.
Once again: does someone know how to solve the bug? Or where is the full french version to download?