Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #41
Dino
Call me Edmund

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_mzonas_ @ Sep 16 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]255373[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey, i have alone in the dark 1, and I have "Alone In The dark" movie!!! Movie is better than game...
[/b]
Well, movie is absolutely terrible. It got some Golden Raspberries if I'm not mistaken, and afterall it's Uwe Boll who directed it. That fact says enough for itself.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #42
yeye_olive

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DDTY @ Sep 5 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]252870[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dave @ Sep 5 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]252869[/snapback]
Quote:
Okay, so, anyone with any pointers on how to use the crack file? Because you keep dying when you go behind the statue if you don't go past the protection.
[/b]
Me too,
[/b][/quote]
I wrote a quite detailed FAQ about this protection stuff. Basically you do not need any crack, but I explain how to get the correct codes. There are cards you can scissor and paste to get the codes, or more simply the list of all possible protection codes. Everything holds in a 277 Kb Zip archive. Unfortunately it is not online yet, so I guess some1 will have to post an email address for me to send it over.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #43
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can put it up on www.rapidshare.de

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #44

It's not working. I used the bat file that was described above, but the program tells me I don't have enough EMM386 memory or something (The message is in french). How do I set memory for dos programs in windows XP? Thanks!

Old 21-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #45

The message I get from aid2.exe (Run through the batch file) is: "Vous Devez installer un gestionnaire de me'moire EMS comme EMM386 ou QEMM". I ran it through a translator and it roughly translates to "You must install a manager of memory EMS like EMM386 or QEMM"

Old 23-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #46
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DosBox or VDMSound to run the game.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-10-2006, 01:36 AM   #47

hey yeye_olive if you still have that file about getting around the protection thing send it over to Ishould_haveread@the.rules . Thanks bro

Old 07-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #48
Man Bot

I cannot get past the protection, yes i read the previous post but i do not know how to make a bat file, it saids

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

some card then hole 5 whats that about ?

HELP. Great game though looks and plays just like ressie.
Man Bot is offline                         Send a private message to Man Bot
Old 07-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #49
Man Bot

:brain:

I fixed the problem no posts needed how ???

Read the last posts for the answer without the echo in a front end for Dos Box. Ha i finally got past that statue in the front mansion garden, now to go back to the game and enter the hall, is it black and white on the floor like Ressie 1 with Chris and Jill, yes i think this game was out on PS1.

Remeber in the front end forget the echo, :w00t:
Man Bot is offline                         Send a private message to Man Bot
Old 23-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #50
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Ah. AITD2. I used to have this (original copy, in all of its 10 or so floppy glory!) but parents threw it out :angry:

Don't you need the pack of cards in order to do it? I remember family used to play it some, but then stopped cause some of the cards got lost and they said they couldn't do some of the puzzles...

Edit : Can't figure out how to get it to work, lawl. Oh well.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle