Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #41
Kamui

Hello, guys! Maybe one of you could tell me, what's wrong... I'm playing this game since a few days and I have problems with passing the third level - this one with green walls. I got even to the shop and got through the whirlpool and a door to another part of this level... the last place I managed to visit was a little secret room with many coins on my way and ghosts, and a skeleton. But after walking through all the secret room and fighting the monsters I could only come back to the beginning of the third level - and then I even couldn't get through whirlpools to its further parts! I could only go back to second level... I consider it was not the point of this game :P

What does cause my problems with passing 3rd level and how to solve it ?? I will be grateful for help...

Nevertheless, the game is quite enjoyable I really do like the movies and I find even this old game a little bit scary...

Old 26-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #42
Zlazz

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 3
This particular level resets itself when you are transported from one of its areas to another and you will find yourself back in the start area again. So from there you need to hit the switch on the west wall and then go to the centre of the cross of whirlpools to be transported elsewhere on level 3 again. This is needed every time you are returned to the start so only approach the centre whirlpool from a clear path rather than trying to walk through any of the other whirlpools. Initially the exit to level 4 is within a locked area but going through the various transports will open it - you'll get a mesage when this happens. However the end of level 3 springs the game passwords on you so make sure you save your game before attempting to leave level 3 if you do not have them. Then it's restore and guess until you get a correct answer!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM   #43
Kamui

Thank you very much for help I will try to pass through this level with your advice. These are the last days of my holidays this year, so I wanna have fun and play a stupid game xD

Old 02-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #44

So, the third level was much easier thanks to your advice, Zlazz, but now I am stuck again - this time it's level 4. Freddy just wants a gift in his mushroom bed (LOL) and I really do not know what kind of gift it should be (I'd like to give him a magnet because I don't know what they are for) and how to leave it there. Anyway, it's a nice level, because there are no bloody ghosts as long as I come to this mushroom bed

Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #45
Zlazz

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 4
Re the query of what to leave in the mushroom bed. Anything from your inventory will do and once it is dropped a door is seen to open as soon as you move back from that area. Be ready for an immediate slime attack! BTW the next riddle involves a passage to the east in which you can see some hypnocil but as soon as you go for it you'll fall into a trap. However there is a way of getting it unscathed although it me quite a deal of time to work out how. It's not an essential part of the level but a side journey only. But one really valuable thing from level 4 is a free map which is well worth tracking down as it is mighty handy on all future levels.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #46
Zlazz

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 4
I don't know whether I misinterpreted the last query but the way to drop things from your inventory - particularly those useless magnets - is to use the number keys to select an item and then hit the D key to drop them. Unless you get rid of those blasted magnets they'll eventually replace eveything you're carrying leaving you defenceless and with no way of picking anything else up.

Old 24-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #47
Guest_Monkey_*

I don't know how to save the girl on level 2

Old 25-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #48
Zlaz

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 2
You can't reach any captured friends directly from level 2 but there is a much later opportunity to save them by coming back to a hidden part of level 2 from level 8. Also watch out if a friend is attacked on the level you're currently in because Freddy will come after you after he's finished tormenting them.

Old 26-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #49
Jontzzu
Abandonia nerd

Hey does anybody know how to reach the axe and the grenade in level 2 (where the wheelchairs attacked first time). That axe looks useful
Jontzzu is offline                         Send a private message to Jontzzu
Old 28-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #50
Zlazz

Nightmare on Elm Street - Level 2
The axe and hand grenade are initially in a locked room and the clue to get them appears after the end of that narrow passageway about half-way through the level when you get the opportunity to go left, right or ahead. Going to the short dead-end on the right produces the message 'Search the trees for hidden fruit'. After activating this message you need to continue north to the very top of the level and stand on the plant just to the right of the centre divider. The message you get then means that the axe-room is now open. You can save some of the task of going right back to the start by going into the left hand area near where you got the 'search' message and it will transport you back to the start. But be careful because if you are moving too quickly you'll blunder into the spikes there.