Data
retired

in the first mount
mount f f:\ -t cdrom
Old 09-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #42
Reflection

Could someone please help me out?

It's the first time I'm using DosBox.

I can play some games by dragging the file into DosBox [Flashback, Escape From Delirium], no sound from Delirioum though. Other games don't seem to work that way though -

Alone In The Dark
Laura Bow II
Alien Incident
Bloodnet
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
Leisure Suit Larry 1,2,3,4,6

I've also followed the guide using Flashback in Dosbox, isn't working for me.
Reflection is offline                         Send a private message to Reflection
Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 AM   #43
nicolas

is there something similar for win98 users like me who wants to play wizardry 7. :ranting:

PLEASE!!!! HELP :help:

Old 10-04-2005, 05:43 PM   #44
maenad_princess

Hey
I was in the middle of ecoquest (using dosbox) and it went blank and said Out of handles!
What does that mean, and how can I fix it?
Thanks!

Old 13-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #45
XCOM_Squaddie

Quote:
DOSBOX doens't work on my system, i'm running win98 i tried that already. I install.exe still says CAN'T LOAD RESOURCE.MAP! don't know why cuiz the file is in there

I'm using DOSBOX with Windows 98 and it works fine. Although I do have some troubles with choppy music, no matter how much I adjust the frame rate. I turn it down for the music to work and then the game gets slowed down, LOL. Does anyone know how (if I can) fix this? Maybe in the DOSBOX config somewhere?
XCOM_Squaddie is offline                         Send a private message to XCOM_Squaddie
Old 13-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #46
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Maybe you don't have enough RAM / CPU power for DB to work right...

Try setting a weaker soundcard and a lower frequency (22 Khz or, in extreme cases, 11).

Quote:
I can play some games by dragging the file into DosBox [Flashback, Escape From Delirium], no sound from Delirioum though. Other games don't seem to work that way though -
Better run the DosBox UI, then run the setup programs of these games, and finaly launch the game from DB UI.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #47
street fighter

hey I was going to play street fighter 2 on Dosbox and i followed the simple instructions with draging the game to dosbox. but still it does'nt work

Old 22-04-2005, 04:49 AM   #48
Dore

I have a powerful machine, 2.4mhz, 768 megs of RAM. I noticed in the example that the game about to be played is Brutal. Wellll....Brutal won't play on my machine. I get this. "Load error: no DPMI - get cspdpmi*b.zip" Any help is appreciated!

Old 22-04-2005, 08:22 AM   #49
Data
retired

how about getting that file ? typing the name in google will lead you to some results.
Old 25-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #50
omg
Games Master

if you fear command line and want to use your fave games with a wizard to help u out get d fend here it has a wizard for configuring your games, and makes tweaking settings a breeze, also setting up your graphics too, weather direct draw or open gl is the flavour of your graphics, setting it up is quick an painless. im gonna get a defend tutorial done 2 day, lord and lady admins should i post it on this thread or start a new one?
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Closed Thread