Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:46 AM   #41
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Mar 31 2005, 08:03 PM
I suggest we do a list of reviews that NEED re-writing instead.
I totally agree. Perhaps we should team up with some others and make a list of the re-reviewable games as a first step?

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 01-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #42
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I disagree with seba.The people that made those old reviews(Kosta, Checkbox, Maikel even) were the ones that struggled to make this site rose.We can't just brush their reviews aside.If they dedicated their time then, when abandonia was nothing more than a desire, then it means something.
And as for the programming... what could it be so hard??
You aren't changing the layout of the page, you are just inserting a link at the end of the page.It's like turning a page if you will.When you click the link to another review, that review is presented, together with it's own screenshots.
And as far as i'm concerned it shouldn't be something like "we made two reviews for one game, now we have to do the same for all".If you want to review a new game, review a new game, if you think you might have something to add to an existing review, make a review for an existing game.It's not like we're saying from now on we only make reviews for old games... at least that's the way i see it.
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 01-04-2005, 07:00 AM   #43
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Nah..

If someone wanna do my reviews PM me..

I must think about it
Old 01-04-2005, 07:15 AM   #44
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or i have a better idea:
If you want to make a second review to a game, you also have to make a review for a game that's waiting one.In this way we prevent n old reviews, and no new reviews.Of course the review for the new game would be thoroughly checked, because some might make a good review for an old game and a s**** new review, just to be allowed to make the old one :crazy:
Old 01-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #45
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Think it`s a too big barrier for people to start reviewing then :not_ok:
Old 01-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #46
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Apr 1 2005, 07:49 AM
The people that made those old reviews(Kosta, Checkbox, Maikel even) were the ones that struggled to make this site rose.We can't just brush their reviews aside.If they dedicated their time then, when abandonia was nothing more than a desire, then it means something.
That was why I wanted to make a list first, so you can ask the "old" reviewers, if they agree to an improvement. I don't want to brush any review aside. My suggestion would be to brush it up, send the text to the reviewer first and let him comment it. In this way it stays his review, with his work inside it and he has still the possibility to alter the improvements. My point are mainly real mistakes in reviews, e.g. dosbox labels for games not running in dosbox etc. I've read several times in games discussion threads about these things, don't know if they are true, though.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 01-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #47
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

titan, maikel, braindead, kosta, don't you guys have an opinion??
Old 01-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #48
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin+Apr 1 2005, 01:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bobbin @ Apr 1 2005, 01:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Omuletzu@Apr 1 2005, 07:49 AM
The people that made those old reviews(Kosta, Checkbox, Maikel even) were the ones that struggled to make this site rose.We can't just brush their reviews aside.If they dedicated their time then, when abandonia was nothing more than a desire, then it means something.
That was why I wanted to make a list first, so you can ask the "old" reviewers, if they agree to an improvement. I don't want to brush any review aside. My suggestion would be to brush it up, send the text to the reviewer first and let him comment it. In this way it stays his review, with his work inside it and he has still the possibility to alter the improvements. My point are mainly real mistakes in reviews, e.g. dosbox labels for games not running in dosbox etc. I've read several times in games discussion threads about these things, don't know if they are true, though. [/b][/quote]
You don't have to ask them, because you wont touch their reviews, you will just make new ones and add them at the bottom of the page/of their reviews....in link.
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Unknown Hero's got the point right there.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #50
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Hero+Apr 1 2005, 02:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unknown Hero @ Apr 1 2005, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin@Apr 1 2005, 01:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Omuletzu
Quote:
@Apr 1 2005, 07:49 AM

That was why I wanted to make a list first, so you can ask the "old" reviewers, if they agree to an improvement. I don't want to brush any review aside. My suggestion would be to brush it up, send the text to the reviewer first and let him comment it. In this way it stays his review, with his work inside it and he has still the possibility to alter the improvements. My point are mainly real mistakes in reviews, e.g. dosbox labels for games not running in dosbox etc. I've read several times in games discussion threads about these things, don't know if they are true, though.
You don't have to ask them, because you wont touch their reviews, you will just make new ones and add them at the bottom of the page/of their reviews....in link. [/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure that bobbin is, in fact, talking about changing some of the existing reviews, and not just making new ones. Personally I think it's a good idea. With all respect for the people that made those reviews, some of them really aren't very good and that's a shame since a lot of those games deserve better.

It's a good idea to ask the original reviewer first, though. That way they have a chance of making the changes themselves or at least look over the changes before they are put on the site.

*edit* I just realised; if people want to write their own reviews, can't they just do it in the topic dedicated to that game? It does say "Feel free to comment and discuss this game" after all. A review is basically just an extended comment anyway.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Closed Thread