Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #31
Sameeralord
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Tulac@Oct 7 2005, 11:43 PM
Cause the whole world knows that Osama Bin Laden is a criminal, except fanatics, but when a leader of the strongest country in the world says such things, it's much different, you see because a person of such power isn't supposed to be so... hmm moronic...
EXACTLY k:

Also as already said the source and the article is trustworthy
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #32
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Insiders who have left the Bush administration without exception speak of a very different Bush from the one you hear on the radio or read about: a quiet-spoken dictator who rules with an iron fist, speaks little, insists on absolute loyalty, and regards any other power center co-equal to his (in this case, the Congress, while governor, the Texas Congress) as an enemy who must be divided and conquered. They paint a picture of a shrewd man who uses every weapon at his disposal to get what he wants, and certainly realizes the value of publically playing a goofball if it makes him look like "just another guy."

Studies have shown that overall (however much individuals may vary) rural Americans differ from their urban cousins by being less educated, less skeptical, more inclined to make value judgments based on emotional impulse, and religiously evangelical. To drive through the American South is to see evangelical church after evangelical church, with names like Assembly of the Annointed to God the Savior, and Brethren Church of Christ the Redeemer at the End of Time (and no, I'm not exaggerating--we saw these coming back from North Carolina's rural eastern section).

Back in the 1960s, the liberal end of the Democratic Party scored a huge victory, pulling the party to the left and winning countless elections, by mobilizng a hitherto neglected voting bloc: the blacks. During the 1990s, the neo-cons did the same to the Republican Party (though arguably not pulling it to the right, since many neo-con policies are *not* conservative), by mobilizing another neglected voting bloc: the rural midwest, west and south. The liberal Democrats used a huge infrastructure of local, state and national cells to achieve their goals. The neo-cons had an infrastructure in place: the evangelical churches. They formed a marriage of convenience with the far-right religious set. The former thus became the mouthpiece for the latter, garnering votes that swept them into power. The latter provided the organizational structure, and the fervor.

Even today, with all that money, energy and zealous belief, the neo-cons and the Republican Party are too close to an edge of victory (as the last two presidential elections clearly showed) to win without the Religious Far-Right. So Bush, as a trusted leader of his party who needs Congressional votes for many of his ideas, continues to woo that portion of the electorate. He doesn't do it any longer for his own election, but to maintain the facade that Republicans are the people you can trust in power because they believe.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #33
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic@Oct 7 2005, 11:33 PM
I have a problem with his lack of capitlization and such. I've pm'd him in the past and was pretty much told to *meep* myself in slightly less colourful language as such I dislike him very much.
That's just the way omg is, he way more than makes up for that with his funny and offbeat comments. Anyway, I'd be pretty proud if I could type as well while I'm as drunk as he appears to be. And he doesn't say "alot" or mix up "less" and "fewer" so he's fine by me.

Anyway, back on topic. I would say that this story is true as it isn't just here but also on the front page of pretty much every newspaper, and on BBC news.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 08-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #34
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

@Borodin: that's actually quite a good post, man. I'm impressed, not to mention convinced and a bit scared of the future...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 08-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #35
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That may well be the way he is but the way he reacted when I approached him with a friendly PM regarding the matter was not right.

Also I dont use 'alot' deliberately I know that it is not a word and I will only type it when speedtyping. Furthermore you claimed I mixed up less and fewer. However if you look at what I typed

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic

in slightly less colourful language
You will find that 'fewer' does not fit in such a sentence.

''In slightly fewer colourful language'' eh?

He told me to go *meep* myself so I'll try my hardest to annoy him.
Why?
I feel like it.

On Topic:
The BBC are supposedly politically impartial and as such would not post news that reduces the publics opinion of the Labour party (Bush Supporters) unless the story had a fair amount of credibility.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 08-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #36
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Reup@Oct 8 2005, 02:10 PM
@Borodin: that's actually quite a good post, man. I'm impressed, not to mention convinced and a bit scared of the future...
Thanks. I've been around a while, watched events unfurl, and researched what I could. And yes, it's good reason to be scared, especially since the Democrats haven't got a clue, and the American system of federal government avoids the good sense of proportional representation. So there really are no alternatives to the two parties in power; and with the Dems standing by making all the wrong choices, that leaves the Republicans in control by default. Wil the neo-cons stay on top? That remains to be seen. If they do, matters can only go from very bad to worse, in my opinion.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 08-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #37
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

@ Borodin: Thanks for trying to open the one or other eye.

@ Magic: You know why it is called "private messaging"? Right, because so you don't drag it out into the public...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 08-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #38
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Oct 8 2005, 11:31 AM

@ Magic: You know why it is called "private messaging"? Right, because so you don't drag it out into the public...
This is off topic, but it's actually personal messaging.
And he can share it if he wants to. :bleh:

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 08-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #39
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Magic+Oct 8 2005, 03:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Magic @ Oct 8 2005, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Also I dont use 'alot' deliberately I know that it is not a word and I will only type it when speedtyping. Furthermore you claimed I mixed up less and fewer. However if you look at what I typed [/b]

I never mentioned you in the grammar comment, don't take such umbrage to random things. Oh, and:

<!--QuoteBegin-Dictionary.com

* 1.* Of or relating to a particular person; private: “Like their personal lives, women's history is fragmented, interrupted” (Elizabeth Janeway).
* * * * 1. Done, made, or performed in person: a personal appearance.
* * * * 2. Done to or for or directed toward a particular person: a personal favor.
* 3. Concerning a particular person and his or her private business, interests, or activities; intimate: I have something personal to tell you.
* * * * 1. Aimed pointedly at the most intimate aspects of a person, especially in a critical or hostile manner: an uncalled-for, highly personal remark.
* * * * 2. Tending to make remarks, or be unduly questioning, about another's affairs: As the student debate got heated, it got personal.
* 5. Of or relating to the body or physical being: personal cleanliness.
* 6. Relating to or having the nature of a person or self-conscious being: belief in a personal God.
* 7. Law. Relating to a person's movable property: personal possessions.
* 8. Grammar. Indicating grammatical person.
[/quote]
The contents of personal messages are not to be divulged without permission of both parties, while this is not a specially expressed rule it is one of the most imporant unwritten rules of all forums.

Now everybody bloody get back on topic or I'll lock this thread myself :angry: if anyone has anytihng more to say on this subject then start a new thread.

EDIT: Oh, and Pigggy, you're sig is very nice but it's 23 pixels too tall, skim a bit off the bottom [/mod mode]
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 08-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #40
omg
Games Master

erm. ..
if a public apoligy is saught magic im game man.
im not into no flame war man.
if u pm'd me grammer checking me when i was drunk it is a tiny bit possible that i dissed u and have forgotten
sorry..
/
(erm)
i am very scared that someone who is in control of the most funded army in the world and a rather nasty arsenal of nuke flavoured crazyness is like waging some kind of holy war, at the end of the day people who are that cristian can have some very nasty convictions, particuarly towards jewish people and muslims, and all non christians.
also i am very annoyed that there hasnt been an american military involvement recently unless a major oil pipeline has been involved. including eastern europe in the 90's. i am annoyed that they continue to use d.u rounds in countrys that reley on wells for there water therefore poisining the future generations of muslim children as the water table becomes *hot*. i am annoyed that it has taken isreal this long to give back even a token of land they stole.
as for maybe he did coke mb he didnt, he was a bonesman, went to a lot of uber rich kid parties, at the end of the day he has been around it.

*waits for assasin to knock on my door*

omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg