Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #31

I used to have this game when I was a young kid, I had the CD version and it had voice. Is this similar to cd version or more so the disk verison? I know a company did some voice overs for a few games unfortunately the onlyones I have left with voice are kings quest 7 and loom. The others I have long lost.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #32
Magical Helper
Forum hobbit

EcoQuest - The Search for Cetus has voice overs for the characters, however, just like "The Legend of Kyrandia", it only comes with the CD-ROM version of the game and the one downloaded from Abandonia is the Floppy Disk version.

The only voice overs in the Floppy Disk version that I have found is that the Dolphin "Delphineus" says "I've Got It!" in the pool and Adam says "OUCH" after being bitten by a local Elurian.
Magical Helper is offline                         Send a private message to Magical Helper
Old 05-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #33

anywhere to get the cd version?

Old 25-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #34
Will81

Better make that four guests with the same problem! I tried the game on my old P2 350Mhz and it played perfectly... Until the point mentioned by previous users. Once you escape from the net, the game keeps playing in loops. Nothing you can do about it. Anyone found a solution to this yet? :help: I had this game on my first computer ten years ago, so I enjoyed the play, bit of a downer that I can't finish it...

Old 14-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #35
AlCaTrAzz

hey, i own an old copy of this game on floppy disks, however, 2 of the disks are now corrupt. is there any way i can get this game online?

Old 14-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #36
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

ESA denied us permission on this game.
Contact ESA on getting a replacement. I hope you have all the neccesary proof (bill, box, manual, original disks) to convince them that you _really_ purchased it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #37
AlCaTrAzz

proof of purchase on a game that was bought over 10 years ago... your kidding right?

i have the original box and the original disks... thats all... and as much as i want to play it, it sounds like way too much effort to get a game that should be abandonware

Old 28-07-2005, 01:00 AM   #38
snow_wolf
Arrow

I ran into the looping problem after getting free from the driftnet while running the game under win98 on a p2 450. I've managed to get out of that looping thing by saving the game just before you have to flee from the manta then putting the game speed to maximum until just after the manta knocks you out of the way once you are free from the net. Then return your game to normal speed and continue on your way to saving the whale. For some reason... playing the game while playing at the normal speed the manta only knocks you a short distance away and it throws you into the loop. You should get knocked to about the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps.. it worked for me anyway. Happy playing!

Old 28-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
proof of purchase on a game that was bought over 10 years ago... your kidding right?
Nope. I'm deathly serious.

Quote:
i have the original box and the original disks...
Should suffice for a proof. Worth giving it a try.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #40
teh wisp

Hey I've been looking for this and a few other old games I used to play and I'm starting to get desperate. I don't care about a free download anymore, just somewhere to buy it, or any one who's posted who might be willing to sell it. Anybody??