Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2005, 01:08 AM   #31
wolfman

I found the exit visa codes, how do i use them. I played the game years ago and can't remember how to use them. :tnx:
wolfman is offline                         Send a private message to wolfman
Old 03-01-2005, 12:50 PM   #32
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

When you get on a plane leaving US (if you're flying within US or outside it it doesn't matter) the reservation terminal will ask you to enter the code before you can get the ticket.
It'll say something like:
Section 4, D, 12

Then you go to the section 4 - it's the fourth file and says Section 4 on the side.
There you look for the 4 symbols that are under D 12 - something like ##@¤ and then you enter those symbols in the terminal. You get a ticket and that's it!
Unfortunately you'll have to do it everytime you leave the US on a plane.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 07-01-2005, 03:37 AM   #33
Maple Leafs

Wow, what a find. I had this game for the Amiga years and years ago. I'm played through the first few minutes and I'm amazed at how much I remember.

Thanks for all your work in posting it (and the walkthrough).
Maple Leafs is offline                         Send a private message to Maple Leafs
Old 27-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #34
FlyByAl

I loved this game when it came out on the C64, I entered a competition in Zzap 64 magazine and came in as a runner up the prize was a copy of Zak. There was a problem however, it was on disk only format and 1541 disk drives for the C64 were very expensive (even as late on as 1988!). In order to play the game I had to run round to my mates house and use his disk drive!

There is an unoffcial sequel to Zak called The New Adventures Zak McKracken. You can download it from:

http://people.freenet.de/lucasfangam.../games_eng.htm
FlyByAl is offline                         Send a private message to FlyByAl
Old 28-01-2005, 01:13 AM   #35
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Yes, there's a sequel out there, but doesn't come close to the original.
There's another fan made Zak on the was: Zak McCracken and the alien rockstar (or somthing very similar to that title), but I've no idea how far along is it. Would be nice to have more Zak games!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 29-01-2005, 04:53 PM   #36
day

Unhappy

I have a question: It says in the walkthrough that F5 saves the game? Well when I try, all it does is close my game down completely. Does anybody know why? :help:
Old 29-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #37
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Sounds like your games chrashes.
Can you tell me what system you are using (Win XP, DOSBox, VDMSound, SCUMM,...)?
Old 30-01-2005, 09:29 PM   #38
day

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 29 2005, 07:23 PM
Sounds like your games chrashes.
Can you tell me what system you are using (Win XP, DOSBox, VDMSound, SCUMM,...)?
I'm using winXP but without service pack 2 (I've avoided it due to problems with compatibility with other games)
Old 07-02-2005, 12:13 AM   #39
Muzzer

I just wanted to say thankyou for adding this game. I remember years ago my uncle had a computer when hardly anyone had one, and this was one of the games he had (along with Day of The Tentacle).

Playing this game brings back so many happy memories. Thanks again.

Old 27-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #40
Niban

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 3 2005, 01:50 PM
When you get on a plane leaving US (if you're flying within US or outside it it doesn't matter) the reservation terminal will ask you to enter the code before you can get the ticket.
It'll say something like:
Section 4, D, 12

Then you go to the section 4 - it's the fourth file and says Section 4 on the side.
There you look for the 4 symbols that are under D 12 - something like ##@¤ and then you enter those symbols in the terminal. You get a ticket and that's it!
Unfortunately you'll have to do it everytime you leave the US on a plane.
:blink: :blink: I wonder if anyone could help me. I don't have a printer so I have to leave the game and look at the exit visa codes, then go back. But when I click on the minimized game, the screen goes black, and there's nothing I can do, but to shut off the computer. I'm using WinXP. Any tips?