Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #31
Scatty
Treasure hunter

What re you discussing about peoples, turn music on an enjoy the life, why searchfor some distant sensse i life. you discuss and life gos past with all its meaning. Live an be happe thats all theres on meanin!
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 18-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #32
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Let me tell you what the meaning of life is : To increase your post-count, so you get'em fancy titles. :brain:

EDIT : Hey, that's 3xblah, doesn't increase post-count. I'm outta here !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 18-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #33
Scatty
Treasure hunter

yeah wrong forum pal dont spam here thu possts don count. im outta herre too so no spam!
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 18-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #34
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Aug 18 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]249536[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What re you discussing about peoples, turn music on an enjoy the life, why searchfor some distant sensse i life. you discuss and life gos past with all its meaning. Live an be happe thats all theres on meanin!
[/b]
now for example, this is non-religious optimistic point of view=]
Old 18-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #35
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Quite a rare find, might I add.

And ribell, if we're going to discuss religion now, I'd like to add some things. The way of life religious people lead depends on how serious they are about their religion. For example, there's always some people who say "Yeah, I believe in god, but I don't go to church every sunday" - They call themselves christians. Or "Oh, I believe in Allah, but I don't fast" - they call themselves muslims. Most do, at least.
Now it's a bit difficult to define those people's point of life. Those that are very serious, probably try to do everything they can to help other people, do good deeds, the whole shebang that will hopefully get them into heaven. In other words, they try to follow the rules/guidelines(?) the bible/god gives them, in order to earn eternal life. Now those that don't take religion too seriously - most of them choose which rules they want to follow. Like the sex one.
So where's the point in that kind of life when they know in the back of their head they probably won't make it no matter what they do now?

btw grimfang, ever read 'the purpose driven life'? it's supposed to be good.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 19-08-2006, 07:16 AM   #36
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Point of life? None whatsoever, but there's loads of possibillities, and there's no harm in looking into some of those. Others: Stay well clear

Edit: Well, there's also the notion of reproduction, but that's merely a bottom shelf circular arguement See, if the offspring faced an alltogether different Point, then the reproduction arguement is onto something. But alas, they are stuck in it too: Reproduction. Pretty pointless in the long run. Now, about the meaning of life, on the other hand: Reproduction only. Doesn't make more sense, but that's the sole 'reason' we're here, I believe.
Old 19-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #37
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Just reproduction? For what? Why do we have to multiply? Why do we have to make our kind survive? What point does it have?
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 19-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #38
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

None whatsoever. We got here because it was physically and chemically possible, and that's pretty much it. Now, what you make of it is your call.
Old 19-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #39
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Aug 18 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]249536[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Turn on the music, pump it up and get yourself stunned enough to let the life passing without you lived it :brain:
(a bit of irony)

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder
Just reproduction? For what? Why do we have to multiply? Why do we have to make our kind survive? What point does it have?
I agree in asking that.
If there were no pleasure in sex, the humanity could be ended long time ago...
Old 19-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #40
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

and i agree with Mighty. there s no "point of reproducing" and going somewhere further, we are just random crap made of big explosion.
lots of people will probably disagree ("belivers") but i think that people, wise people, made relligion and all around it becouse of happyness in life and right orientation in which way people should go so we would spend treat our life "better". oh, or it could also be tool for controlling people O=)

btw quintoporee, whats the point with pleasure of sex, hm?=]