Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #31
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Dec 9 2005, 11:06 PM
This might be considered nit-picking, and I apologize, but Mjollnir is from the Aesir gods OF Valhalla (Thor, or in German, Donar), otherwise know as Norse mythology. Valhalla is the great hall of heroes where the warriors who die in battle go to drink, feast, and relive their battles every day until Ragnarok (Or Gotterdammerung) where thye will fight with the Aesir against Loki and his ilk. Sorry, but I'd just like to point out that error in the review. Heh.

Great game though.* k:
Mjolnir/Mj?lner is the hammer Tor/Thor wields (yes the danes pronounces him as Tor).

And he has it around his neck.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 10-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #32
Greymouse

Ok, so, I just had to remove Nethack from my system. For some reason, it crashes XP (at least on my laptop) and restarts my machine. Not on every play, but about once out of every 5. Just can't deal with it splashing constantly ... And here I was just starting to get into it.

Mouse
Greymouse is offline                         Send a private message to Greymouse
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #33
butcher

Nethack is an old favourite of mine and I recently downloaded A.D.O.M but can not really understand how somebody preferes this to nethack.. ?? What am I missing with ADOM. It's much more simple, doesn't have even close the amount of scripted situations/places/possibilities. Am I missing something? Playing version 1.1.1 of Adom.

:help:

Old 10-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #34
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Alrighty, I cant believe ME of all people has to ask such a n00b question. This is the only RL that I haven't really gotten into, but I have a question.

e_e How do you feed pets? Whats the keyboard commands rather.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 10-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #35

Just throw food at it (or a corpse). The pet is usually intelligent enough to eat corpses when it's hungry.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #36
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

ahh, throw it at them, ok. Thought maybe that'd be considered an attack, but that makes sense. I knew they eat corpses and stuff when they move over them if they need to eat on their own, but I was curious for the pets that eat more spesific things, so I could save something, if they weren't hungry at that time. Thank yah!

To the ASCII, DakaSha!!
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 11-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #37

And dumb enough to kill and eat the friendly dwarves in the dwarven mines while you're being picked apart by a gaggle of gnomes, too. Or the friendly gnomes while the hostile dwarves attack... but at least their aren't quite so many dwarves.

Speaking as one of the less fortunate types, I can't see why people prefer ADOM either. Nethack at least gets me through the early areas before I'm killed by black dragons, hunting parties of mordor orcs or elves, rust eaters, swarms of killer bees, werewolves who pin me into a corner with the masses of bretheren they've summoned... the list goes on and on. ADOM kills me fast or leaves me to starve to death shortly after I kill the bandit leader or lure the chaos-infested carpenter to the healer.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:37 AM   #38
Biscuit

Send a message via Yahoo to Biscuit

All I seem to be doing is dying at the moment; managed to find a secret door that seemed to spawn Goblins! Yet I come back for more as I'm only just getting the hang of it. And I was very chuffed to find an OSX port on their homepage, with a great interface.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #39
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

For all of you new to the game, and who need a proper manual, rather than just key-commands, here yah go If the admins think it'd be wise, I request it to be put in extras too. It's a website manual, no pdf or required downloads.

http://www.darkarts.co.za/repository/vultu...nual/index.html

Edit: The manual is for Vulture's Eye, a 3d graphical interface for Nethack, HOWEVER, everything about the game is the exact same, and it still works as a good Nethack manual.

So, forget about putting it in the extras. Wouldn't make sense to have Vulture's Eye manual under Nethack, even IF Vulture's Eye is Nethack anyways. :whistle:
Old 11-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #40

Hi, I've never posted before but I've been coming for a while, I've just got a question.

Whenever I go to another level of the dungeon my pet won't follow me, and also, is it possible to ride the knights horse?

Thanks.