aaberg
Game Wizzard

WOW. That was a long reply!!!
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 19-09-2004, 03:19 AM   #32
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

Marko, I love you almost as much as I love Ivan!

Ivan forever! I've wondered, does he actually speak Russian when his text comes up?
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee
Old 19-09-2004, 06:25 AM   #33
aaberg
Game Wizzard

How do you pay for transport when someone dies?
Old 19-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #34
Red Diablo
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by aaberg@Sep 19 2004, 06:25 AM
How do you pay for transport when someone dies?
The game gives you two options after the end of the day when someones killed.
Either you're cheap end send them to the fishes or bury them properly which costs some money.

NEVER, EVER be cheap unless you have absolutely no money.
This will come back to haunt you, especially if you do it multiple times. k:
Red Diablo is offline                         Send a private message to Red Diablo
Old 19-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #35
aaberg
Game Wizzard

I didn't get that option when Elio died. But he is also a native, maybe thats why.
Old 19-09-2004, 05:02 PM   #36
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Boyardee@Sep 19 2004, 03:19 AM

Ivan forever! I've wondered, does he actually speak Russian when his text comes up?
yep he does, there are complete threads at the bear's pit with translation of his quotes

Edit: Hmm I have exact the same amount of posts as my member number now. Now I'll just try to get the same number in a snooker break
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 19-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #37
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Finaly you can actually figure out, what it is, he is saying. Great!! B)
Old 20-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #38
marko_river

Quote:
Originally posted by aaberg@Sep 19 2004, 04:30 PM
I didn't get that option when Elio died. But he is also a native, maybe thats why.
Yap, Elio is a native so you don' give money when he dies. Actually you have to pay for body transport, not for the burrial stuff. So Elio stay's at his home. By the way, I don't like when Elio dies. Other are somewhat usefull for various stuff, and Elio is just a guide. Well, until the end, he was most important, because you always need someone to carry guns and ammo and keys
Please dont let him die!!!!!

Old 20-09-2004, 02:54 PM   #39
marko_river

All right now! Here's some more.
First, I made a mistake about that graveyard stonefor natives. It's surley not located in 24 but 23 or 33. In case you still find out(I had problem with that) you put items you want in pockets and wait till day is over. Then, next day you click on the mercs pic and you're in the gear. I was amazed when I did that, still Elio remain the best.
Now, day start's in 7.00 and ends rather early in 19h. Well about 30 min before it ends, someone wil warn you to go bac to your sector(unless you are in your sector) but know that each turn takes 5 min, so be careful.
When you have selected someone and point to the wall, shelf or coset and click twice, hand will appear and merc will come and search where you clicked. This is also how to open the door without waiting for a hand to appear itself. Well, SEARCH EVERYTHING. Even under the bad you can find a bar or a shotgun. Also save position if you are messing with buttons 'cause you never know what is it for. Search jurs, every kind of them, closets, even toilets, and most important little closets on the wall. There you'll find many medkits. When door is locked (any kind of lock) and you have the right key in pocket just try to open it and merc will magicly take the right one out and use it. So you don't have to try every key out. Just have somebody with every key that you have found(like Elio ) and let him open the door. Offcourse, you'll always need a good lockpick. Another hint: search trough the coats that hang on the wall (ones you can reach, that is ) and you won't be picking very often.
There is a sector map if I can call it that way. It is very useful when sector is clean or when you travel. I'm not sure, you'll have to experiment with the mouse. I think that should you press the left button, then the right one while holding left one and cursor will change into MAP word. Then you let it go and there it is. Maybe you should move mouse up or down while holding. If my memorie is OK, you can just press Page Down button. Much easier
Select a merc, point a cursor at him and again try to experiment. Try to press both buttons and when that square pointer becomes red, move mouse down (or then it will go red) and let buttons. Merc will crouch!!! Well, I don't think it helps a lot when hiding behind something, but try it out. When merc is selected, first right button then left while holding and you'll get a LOOK. Merc will turn in that direction. While fighting, this turning costs 1 step! Well, I think it is much better to turn merc toward enemy and then shoot, thay often miss when shoot and turn sametime. When you dont see enemy, and also not moving your merc, always look all around. It is very possibile that he doesn't see someone from behind. This is grat actually, mercs and opponents can not look with their back This means that you will see enemy before you much sooner then if he comes from the back. Also remember camoulfage kit. It really works between trees and bushes.
Merc can drink water but I doub it is important. I also couldn use 6 pack If someone finds out please tell me
Knife is not good to use. Usually you wont kill him witj one stab, and you'll spend the steps to reach the enemy, so you'll just stand beside him and wait for him to shoot you. But they surley are fun. Once I was resting like a whole team, so I took Elio just to wander around and decided to attack. No guns, just combat knife. So I come in front of enemy to see me, and then withdraw into the wood and the follow me. With little luck (enemy's poor shooting that is) and moving trough the trees and making them to chase Elio and come closer, I managed to take out a several, even to conquer the sector! Offcourse, I needed many quickloads, but it was fun.
All right, if I remember something else, I'll drop by. Ask if you want.

pozzz

Old 20-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #40
Wolhay

I tried Deadly Games to see what the fuzz was about the Jagged Alliance games and wasn't too impressed but I'm loving this game more and more.

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river
Merc can drink water but I doub it is important.
Water increases breath which can be important since they won't be able to perform some task with low breath and if it's fully depleted they will fall to the ground. Vinny for example is one of the mercenaries that always should be carry water bottles since he's especially prone to get low breath.

I'm having an embarassing problem now. I'm trying to capture the sector with Brenda's Lab but I can't get to the enemies within the lab since the metal doors are locked. I don't have any locksmith kits or explosives (except for grenades). I managed to lure the enemy to open the door and get out once when he shot Elio once and then wanted to finish him but I haven't been able to do that again. I've searched the most parts of my conquered sectors (29,30,39,40,49,50,59,60) without finding anything useful.

I'm almost desperate enough to hire Sparky just so that I can get my hands on her locksmith kit but it seems like a waste of reputation to hire her when I don't have any other use for her and fire her right away.
Wolhay is offline                         Send a private message to Wolhay