Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #31
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jul 8 2005, 01:16 AM
5 years from now there's either going to be another american civil war, or people will just grow sick of their crusading. At that point, I would not want to be there.
Well, I will be here on July 8, 2010, so I'll mark this on my calendar, and we'll see if you're right. I wouldn't hold my breath, however.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #32
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
expel all muslims no matter what nationality they are and shoot to kill any immigrants.
Ah yes, because all terrorists are muslims and vice-versa...

Quote:
A murderer or terrorist doesn't give a fig if you don't want to kill someone
What's the difference between the two? The distinction between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is entirely subjective.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 08-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #33
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

The Netherlands (Holland) also had 1,000 troops in Iraq to aid the US in its occupation of the country.

In March, we withdrew our troops from Iraq.

Presently there are a few dozen Dutch commandos playing hide and seek with possible terrorists in Afghanistan. If there are any left that is. Most likely armed resistance is coming from Afghan rebels. I heard most of Al Qaida had pulled out anyway.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 08-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #34
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yeah, um to anyone who reckons that Islam is the source of all of the hatred and terror in the world - you're so, so wrong.

Islam has brought us science and medicine. The only people who believe that Islam is evil are crusaders and morons who believe in them. Islam is a lot more intellectual than Christianity and whilst they both have their merits, I reckon that Islam is better.

Again, that's just me though.

And by the way, my compliments to the dutch, you have the balls to do what should have been done a long time ago.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #35
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Congrats to the Dutch!? You're kidding. :blink:

Seriously, we are stuck with a Prime Minister that looks like a grown-up version of Harry Potter. He's supposed to be an intellectual but it seems he never got down from his ivory tower. No apparent charisma, no backbone either.

Remember that the invasion of Iraq was not based on a UN resolution. Then our PM visited president Bush and the next day it was decided to send 1,000 troops to help the Americans in their occupation of Iraq. Not to do any actual fighting.

March of this year was simply the scheduled date for withdrawal of the troops. The Madrid bombings had nothing to do with this scheduled withdrawal. Our PM just made a nice compromise: send troops to show support for America so Dutch businesses will not be overlooked by the US. Have the US promise not to bring our troops in any real danger. Pull out the troops after a symbolic stay.

We in The Netherlands are not that brave at all. *cough* Srebrenica [hangs head in shame]
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 08-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #36
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Jul 8 2005, 05:37 PM
Quote:
expel all muslims no matter what nationality they are and shoot to kill any immigrants.
Ah yes, because all terrorists are muslims and vice-versa...

Quote:
A murderer or terrorist doesn't give a fig if you don't want to kill someone
What's the difference between the two? The distinction between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is entirely subjective.
If you actualy read my whole post you would see that this is not what I am in favour for...
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 08-07-2005, 09:10 PM   #37
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Jul 7 2005, 07:46 PM
It doesn't matter if it is the Labour or anyone else in power in the UK. Those idiots would still attack as long as they can. It is not exactly difficult to cause damage in a democracy. A way to deal with it, though on the fascist side, would be to expel all muslims no matter what nationality they are and shoot to kill any immigrants. It wouldn't be right and I am not proposing that, but it could solve the problem. The other way would be to actualy hunt down the heads of the terrorists instead of declaring war all the time. Defeat one enemy, then declare war to another. Several fronts at the same time=not a good idea.
I do agree with Blair stepping down (the whole government)m but only to elect a more strict to the obligations government. One that does something about terrorisms and not come up with half behind ideas and threats of other countries.

I do believe that the spanish did the right thing if seen from that purpsective but I do not think most spanish did so.
Ehm... yes, it sort of is what you said.

And why would it only be Muslims? As I said previously, the people causing most of the problems in the world today are Christians. Blair = Christian, Bush = Christian.

Both are causing a large amount of the world's problems.

Seriously, FPJ, America is in big trouble. If the rest of the world doesn't destroy it, there will be a civil war. Black people are still classed as worse than others, they're barely more free now than they were 200 years ago.

You're in trouble. I'd leave.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 08-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #38
Danny252
I have a custom title!

are they christian or aethist, I ask? the general coneption is someone's religion depends upon their race, i.e. all whites are christian, all indians are hindu.. which isnt true at all.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #39
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, as far as I know, Bush is just about as Christian as it gets (one of the born-again kind, I think), and Blair has been more openly religious than any PM before him, so I'd say Prejudice does have a point there.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 08-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #40
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Seriously, FPJ, America is in big trouble. If the rest of the world doesn't destroy it, there will be a civil war.
As I said, we shall see.

Quote:
Black people are still classed as worse than others, they're barely more free now than they were 200 years ago.
That seems like a bit of a non sequitur, unless you're implying that US Civil War II will be caused by racial issues. And besides, you're a white Briton, if I'm not mistaken. What do you know about being black in America?