Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #351
mongalong_x

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kmonster @ Aug 19 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]305530[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It's at number 24 on the map at http://nlt-hilfe.crystals-dsa-foren.de/page.php?126
[/b]
thankyou so much, finally found him!
mongalong_x is offline                         Send a private message to mongalong_x
Old 03-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #352
GoldenPie399

Hi guys! Ive recently run into a problem with the sound of the game, see I cant get it to work. I am very much new to this stuff and I just got the game working only to find a total lack of sound. The first time I started the game i got to select my soundcard and I, true to my nature, just clicked passed it. Trying to fix the problem i downloaded VDMSound 2.0.4 only to find myself even more confused. What do I need to do to get them sounds going?

Thanks in advance

Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #353

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ May 6 2004, 07:20 AM) [snapback]1499[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am glad you guys seem to like the game. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. It is one of my favourite games, ever.

(Look out for the first game in the series to appear on the site, soon.)
[/b]
please tell me how to finish the first level after falling to the river please...

Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #354
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GoldenPie399 @ Sep 4 2007, 12:03 AM) [snapback]308640[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi guys! Ive recently run into a problem with the sound of the game, see I cant get it to work. I am very much new to this stuff and I just got the game working only to find a total lack of sound. The first time I started the game i got to select my soundcard and I, true to my nature, just clicked passed it. Trying to fix the problem i downloaded VDMSound 2.0.4 only to find myself even more confused. What do I need to do to get them sounds going?

Thanks in advance
[/b]
if using VDM sound, right click the game exe and select "run with vdm sound", that should work
Old 04-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #355
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DOSBox to run the game.
As for re-running the configuration, I believe there is a batch or executable somwhere in the game directory that allows you to do so.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #356

Great replies everyone, but I'm going to sleep right now. I'll test and update tomorrow. Thanks aging.

Old 18-09-2007, 12:54 AM   #357
Guest_Megan_*

I'm running the game on XP through DosBox, and everything works really well. The music slows down if I alt-tab to the manual, but short of that it works like a dream, even the mouse is good. My only problem is in Saving, and its not the common problem that I keep seeing in this forum. While most people can't save because they don't have the manual, I still have mine from growing up (the book was just too humorous to ever throw away.)

My particular problem is that whenever I try to save, it shows me the box where I type in the file name...and then nothing happens. It looks like you have to make a "game file" before you can associate saves with it, but I've tried everything possible in that menu and nothing seems to work. After I name the file, simply nothing happens. Nothing to save to, nothing to load from.

I'd normally guess that this was a problem with DosBox, but I've been playing Krondor and Hoboken through it and the saves there work like a dream. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is it an XP thing? I'm dying to play this again; I like the first one, but the time limit bothered me. If anyone has any ideas, just drop a note and lemmie know!

~Megan

Old 14-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #358

Hi guys.
Have a quick question.
How can I defeat the six dwarves and zombie of the Dwarf Pit? It seems I always miss my attacks or the dwarves parry. The only way I have found is to petrify them with magic, but that's costly and innacurate.

Any tips?
(party is lvl 3, green elf - warrior - she jester - magician - silvan elf - magician)

Old 14-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #359
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Attack every enemy with at least two characters, so when the zombie / undead dwarf parries one attack, the other one will be able to attack unhindered from the other side because the characters technically attack at the same time, round-based modified, so the enemy can block only one attack at the same time.
It's always handy to have at least 3 characters in the party who can attack in melee (my party always consisted of all characters who were all able to attack in melee and to be able to parry, too, which was always beneficial throughout the entire trilogy).
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 15-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #360

Thanks, I beated them with a combo of paralyze and magic armor.
Now its off to catch the ratzy.