Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #341
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

If you get the AGD remake of Quest for Glory 2, which is a really good job of remaking the game into the same style as this remake of number one, when you import a character it will ask if it is the right class and you can change it. I would recomened getting it, as it is a wonderfull game.

Quest for Glory 2 Character change
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #342
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think that remake was not made by Sierra. Is it compatible with the 3rd part? (No fun beating the game if I won't be able to carry over my character.)

Still my previous question: in the cave (secret enterance) to the Brigand's hideout (or fortress) in the VGA-version I can't find the Troll's Nest. It was taken out, or I'm missing something?

(I also decided to remain and max. my skills as in the 2nd part 200 is the maximum for stats.)
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #343
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

That games final save will work fine on QFG3. I don't know about the troll, in the orginal it was to the far left, I never bothered to finish the VGA version.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #344
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I clicked every single milimeter on that screen, but no luck.
Oh well, I'll still get around double money then w/o importing anyway.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 18-08-2010, 04:50 AM   #345
Wicky
the little viking

There are two path to the trolls nest, go to the screen with the Antwerp and you will notice a suspicious looking rock to the left. After casting "open" on it remember to say the password, or else you must fight Fred when entering the cave. Fred's nest is one screen to the left.
The second path is hidden behind a bush to the left on the screen with the Minotaur in the Brigand's fortress. Open the bush and there is the big cave again. Hope that helped.
Old 18-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #346
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

So is there another New Rising Sun site or a site that has all of his patches and patch info? He had a Geocities site, but Geocities closed in October. Can't find anything on google except mentions to his old site or completely unrelated stuff, like sites about Japan.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 18-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #347
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
There are two path to the trolls nest, go to the screen with the Antwerp and you will notice a suspicious looking rock to the left. After casting "open" on it remember to say the password, or else you must fight Fred when entering the cave. Fred's nest is one screen to the left.
The second path is hidden behind a bush to the left on the screen with the Minotaur in the Brigand's fortress. Open the bush and there is the big cave again. Hope that helped.
I do know how to get in the secret pass, but in the VGA-version there seems to be no way to the Troll Nest.

If someone has a save from the VGA version from the end,and did found the Troll Nest we're talkin' about, please go there, make a screenshot inside the Nest, and at the point on the previous screen where we cen enter to the nest, and upload it to us.

Thx.

(By the way: although I use Win98 and a 700 MHz processor, I still needed the non-sierra patch because of Yoric's door. I'm very much against patches, but in dosbox I couldn't pull the chair before the door in the 2nd screen of the brigands. All qfg-patches can be found (with description!) on sierrahelp, what do exist despite the company Sierra no longer. Sierra is awsome even in its death.)

EDIT: I managed to max. ALL of my stats. For lockpick you have to pick locks doors in the Town. To safely do that only pick door on one screen 2-3 times, then change screen (so picking the sheriff's house and doors on the Ace's screen works best. I noticed that the first door dfrom the left on the screen with the Ace Tavern only allows you up to 95 lockpick, no more!).
For magic and intelligence you mostly have to cast spells until your finger hurts. You get higher chance incrising your stats if your spell has ameaning. So cast open-spell at the Brigand's secret passage - at lvl 58 open the door won't just unlock, but open at the same time! So rising Open has some meaning.
The other good place to cast magic is casting detect magic in the Koblod's cave. You just spam it there.
The dazzle and flame dart spells best used in battle. In battle your intelligence too can go up by doding an attack the attack immediatelly (= counterattack). For the flame dart the archery-practice works too.
Intelligence by the way goes up the hardest, so my advice is, that at the beggining put every spare point you can allow ontu that.
Also when rising dodge/parry you'll stay in battle for LONG. A battle rising them - fight against a goblin - can literraly take one ingame day!

I've finished this game within 22 ingame day.

Last edited by twillight; 18-08-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: gameplay-tips added
Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #348
Capo
Unconventional member

I was thinking to start this game but many people says is too hard and complicated. Should i give him a chance ?
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 08-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #349
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Capo, you should DEFINATELY give the game a chance.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #350
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Give it a chance. The game isn't at all too hard, only if you want to max all spellevel.

But as there is no timelimit - unlike in the later parts -, you should have no problem solving it. And it is fun!