Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #311
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 18 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]267459[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
And another question: After I have started the game once in Easy Mode, how do I change the difficulty setting and start a new game in Advanced?

Thanks

Hannes
[/b]
You can change the difficulty setting everytime everywhere when pressing F3 for options menu, you even don't need to start a new game for that.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire
Old 18-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #312

Thanks very much!

Old 20-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #313
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

As for running the game under pure XP, that differs from system to system. On some it will work right off the bat, on others it won't at all, no matter what techno-magic is applied.

Therefore, I recommend you run the game in DosBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #314
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Oct 30 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]264325[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
I only wish Shadows over Riva were unprotected sooon, [/b]
Not likely. CDAccess has over 80 still in stock.
Given the speed at which CDAccess seems to be getting out of stock, it's not likely they'll get rid of these in next half decade.
If CDAccess went bankrupt and folded up, it would be sooner - but that's not likely to happen at all.
[/b]
I bought that game on ebay for the equivalent of $4 - brand new. When I heard there was a shop that still sold old games, I was excited. That was 6 years ago though, when I discovered Home of the Underdogs. And my enthusiasm lasted about 1 minute. Not only do they charge far more than they should (they really take advantage of their position), their P&P rates are outrageous. To have a $10 game shipped to me, I had to pay .... $25!!! for the cheapest shipping cost. There's far cheaper methods - I have trade games with Americans in the past, and the games only took a week max to get to me, and it only cost them $10 max to mail it to me - and those were big bulky boxes, not jewel cases. I sincerely hope CDAccess DOES go on the brink of bankruptsy, so it may re-evaluate their prices.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 28-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #315
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I just remembered something I found when playing and... well, it keeps bugging me.

There was a basilisk somwhere on the north-eastern part of the worldmap. Did anyone figure out a way to defeat the beast?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #316
Guest_Alex_*

Hia ll,

I have a strange problem on the second level of the final (Tjolmar) dungeon. Basically, I entered it, got a combat with two Druids sometime later, then discovered a key in some closet, then passed three rooms that weren't populated... and finally entered the small room with the secret door in west wall (after defeating a cultist and two dogs, of course). The walkthroughs all mention some amulet pieces that I need to get to open that secret door - I searched all the storage places I could find, bumped in all walls I could bump into... no amulet pieces! Do I need to search for them somewhere else, maybe on the first level?

Thanks,

Alex

Old 14-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #317
Scatty
Treasure hunter

The amulet pieces can be found only at the second part of this level, after you pass a narrow corridor with nasty traps (you'll know when you find it) and enter the large hall where you will be attacked immediately by sabretooth tigers. At the opposite wall, between two chests, there's the next secret door just where the stone symbol on the wall is.
The door immediately at your right then after you enter can't be opened with picklocks nor with a key nor with magic, it opens later after you acquired a certain part of the amulet, but you can teleport behind it if you got a mage who is good at that spell, simply move completely close to it and on the map you can see one space behind it then. After you enter this part of the level, be warned - when you kill the skeleton warriors and get the first amulet parts, they disappear after some relatively short time so you better hurry and get all parts of the amulet and use the amulet at the secret door, else you'll have to run about again and fight to get the amulet parts anew which sucks.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 14-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #318
Guest_Alex_*

Hmm... thanks for the help, but it looks like I haven't reached the dungeon parts you mention, as I don't recognize anything you describe... I haven't even got to the corridor with the traps. Here's where I'm stuck right now (hopefully the map is readable...):

Code:
###########################
#**#####****** ######**** #
S** 2****##=##********# # #
#####=##### #####=###****K#
#C******#**** #**** # #1# #
#******C#**** #C** ##**** #
#**### ##T** T##** ####=###
#** C# ##**** #C****F## ###
#**C # ##**T**#******## ###
####################### ###
####################### ###
#######################**^^
###########################
I entered the second level at the ^^ markings, opened the first door ("="), got a combat at "1", then found the key at "K", and proceeded down the corridor to the west. I passed three rooms, none of which had anything of interest (I think one had some dried whirlweeds), and then at the end of the corridor, at "2", I got another combat (cultist and two dogs). Defeating them, I found a wall with a secret door ("S"), however, every time I click at it, I get the message "Arendel notices some irregularities on the wall and is fairly certain to have found a secret door, but is unfortunately unable to actually open it" (Arendel is my leading character). That's it, I'm stuck at this wall, having absolutely no idea what to do next, and how to open this secret door...

Thanks,

Alex

Old 14-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #319
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I suppose she can't open it because her Open Locks skill isn't developed. You need to place someone at the leading position who has high detection skills like Arendel and is very good at opening locks with picklocks. I hope for you that you have this far in the game already a character who is good at opening locks, in case of doubt she / he could detect the door after a long time of trying even without high detection skills but the Pick Locks skill is necessary and the character who has this skill must be the leading one to open the door.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 16-01-2007, 02:01 AM   #320
Guest_Alex_*

Whoa, it worked! Looks like it was a good idea not to rely entirely on Foramen, after all...

Thanks!