Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #301
Guest_carlo_*

its alright now i can play but its so lag...

so im playing no sound..

btw how can i level my tenants??

Old 11-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #302
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
its alright now i can play but its so lag...[/b]
Set core=dynamic in DosBox.conf.
Increase frameskip
Increase cycles until the CPU usage is 100% (in FULLSCREEN mode - the windowed mode uses more CPU power)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #303
constructor player

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daniel @ Mar 17 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]284032[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have original CD. Been trying to get this game to work for years, checking back every so often to see if someone has made a patch. So why dosnt someone make a patch. Is it not possible to adapt the games Win95 capability for use with xp. With out using dosbox.

With dosbox people who own original have problems with error message cant find cd. The game isnt that old compared to similar games/older ones. Games that have been adapted for xp. Without understanding the deep complexities I cannot truely comment on this.

Its a pain!
[/b]

Hello
I have original CD too and it works!
You first have to download DOSBox (I have version 0.70)
Don't install the game, you'll have to install it through the DOSBox.
Once you've downloaded the DOSBox, install it.
Put your CD in your cdrom drive.
Open the DOSBox.
Then you must mount your cdrom drive (let's say it's called F:\) so that you can open it in the DOSBox.
You can give this drive another name in your DOSBox but let's say you give it the same letter (f).

But first of all, you have to find out (before mounting your cdrom drive in the DOSBox) what is the number of your cdrom drive, by typing mount -cd + ENTER. This command will tell you the numbers of each of your cdrom drives, either the real ones and the virtual ones.
Once you know the number of the cdrom drive in which you placed your CD, you can type (for windows xp):
mount f F:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl + ENTER.

Explanation:
f = the name of the cdrom drive in the DOSBox
F = the real name of your cdrom drive in your PC
0 (or 1 or 2 or ...) = The number of the cdrom drive, reported by mount -cd
ioctl = for win2k/xp/linux

Once you've typed this, DOSBox tells you "Drive F is mounted as CDRom F:\"
Then you type f: + ENTER
Now you can install your game:
The file in your cd that can install the game is "install.exe"
So you type install.exe + ENTER

You follow the instructions for the installation of your CD.
I had created a folder, BEFORE doing the installation, on my hard drive called "OldGames" and thus I installed the game into this folder.

Once your game is installed, you'll have to mount your folder as a drive in the DOSBox.
Let's take my example: My game is installed in E:\OldGame. Thus, the "game.exe" finds itself in E:\OldGame\ACCLAIM\CN\GAME.EXE

In the DOSBox, once my game was installed, I typed: mount c E:\OldGame + ENTER
Now, E:\OldGame is the drive C:\ in the DOSBox.

NOTE: I think that each time you want to command directly to the DOSBox (like mount your cdrom drive or "mount -cd" or things like that), you have to return to Z:\

Thus to go into my "OldGame" folder, I type: c: +ENTER

Then, each time you want to go further in your folders, you have to type cd "The name of the folder" + ENTER.

So then I type: cd ACCLAIM + ENTER
Then I type: cd CN + ENTER
Then I type: GAME.EXE + ENTER

And my game runs.
And I'm happy :brain:

NOTE: To have fullscreen: ALT + ENTER. And to quit the fullscreen and return to a windowsize: ALT + ENTER.

Each time you'll want to play, you'll have to open your DOSBox, first mount your cdrom drive and then mount your folder where you installed the game, and finally follow the same procedure.

So I hope it will work with you too!!!
Good luck!

P.S.: Sorry for my english, I did the best I could...

Old 14-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #304
Magnum

@constructionplayer

I tried your instructions but it still says i need the cd in my drive (and i have the original disc in)
I'm cornfuzzled

Old 16-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #305
constructor player

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Magnum @ May 14 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]290279[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
@constructionplayer

I tried your instructions but it still says i need the cd in my drive (and i have the original disc in)
I'm cornfuzzled
[/b]

Did you try to mount your cdrom drive again when you get this message?

Old 16-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #306
constructor player

Maybe once you've installed the game through the Dosbox is it better to start again from the beginning
and mount your cdrom drive and then mount your game folder... I don't know why it doesn't work
with you.

Old 25-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #307

I get the error "Unable to create Config file directory" when using DosBox. Any help?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #308

CAN ANYONE HELP!
i have downloaded msdos box and constructor but i cant get into the game anyone help please
im a SAD panda

Old 04-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #309
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2007, 12:24 AM) [snapback]291381[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I get the error "Unable to create Config file directory" when using DosBox. Any help?
[/b]
Is this your first game using DOSBox, or did other games work before that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 4 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]292932[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
CAN ANYONE HELP!
i have downloaded msdos box and constructor but i cant get into the game anyone help please
im a SAD panda
[/b]
More info, PLEASE! Like:

Give an as exact description of the problem as possible.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #310

BOK PIPLČI,VOC AP JEL VAM BORING IL NOPE? POSIBLI VAM JE BORING! MENI JE TERIBL BORING! AE TALKAJTE SAMTING NA HRVATSKOM A NE NA FAKERSKOM ENGLESKOM............IL GOVAJTE HOMU SVOME U BED I SLIPAJTE DO BESVJESTI ENGLENZINE JETNE! A D BEST VAM JE DA SI TOMATOM BLOVATE OFF GLAVU - I ONDA COLAJTE MENE DA VAM HELPAM JESTE VI OKEY U HADSI SVOJOJ? PA JA VAM DONT HELPALA....E I AKO MI INTKO UBACI SOMTING REPLIKU JA ĆU MU HEDSU ODKATAT PA BU SE PREJAL SVOME.........DONOV KOME......GOVAM JA NAV A VI SE KILAJTE! JESTE ME ANDERSTEND IL VAM HEFTU HANDRID TAJM TALKAT?