Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #21
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Like I said, with time and practice you won't lose battles anymore, no matter your companions, level, equipment or skills, just as long as you have a horse.
Old 22-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
Pex
Game Wizzard

Thumbs up

I know this is an old topic, but I thought since it was already here, I shouldn't create another one.

I only discovered Mount & Blade this year (I got it on some sale very cheap) and it turned out to be the best game I played in a while, overshadowing Assassin's Creed 2. RPG part is definitelly not it's best attribute, managing your 'army' sometimes doesn't make sense, but the battles are simply great - from riding your horse through the enemy lines inflicting a kill with every swing of your sword, to swinging your bastard sword with two hands on the top of the ladders repelling a siege and finally those moments when a lucky bow shot while riding your horse at the full speed hits an enemy lord in head and knocks him over. You can also do quests (which are limitted and get repetitive after a while), get to rule castles, villages or even cities (which even when you conquer, it's the decision of the king whish noble gets it - annoying but realistic) and fight tournaments - lot's of fun although they get easier when you get more experienced.

I strongly recommend this game to everyone.

P.S. There is a sequel now called Mount & Blade: Warbands, in which you can do everything above but also become a king (or queen). Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds promising.