Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

What system are you running it on? Have you any emulators or anything like it?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #22
JGB

I'm running it on winxp in dosbox

Old 17-03-2006, 03:57 AM   #23
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

OK, you have the whole game on disks... I'm guessing that you may have a corupt ID file or something like that, so it doesn't recognise the files that should be on the other disk.

Older games had this sort of protection, that you could only run them from a certain drive (a: or b, so they would think they're still on the original disk.

You can try mounting the directory with the game as B: or you could even try to copy the files to a diskette (but you'd have to sort them correctly - which are on disk 1 and which on disk 2).

As I personally haven't encountered this problem I just can't be sure, behind here are different possibileties. You could also be missing one of the files (that it simply isn't there). Maybe you just need a crack for the game (although I'm not sure where you could get it).

Hope any of this helps.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 17-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #24
JGB

Well, when i tried running it out of dosbox when i first found it it wouldn't go past the disk change after the courtroom sequence, so i assumed that was the problem, but in dosbox it actually locks up after the court room sequence.

Old 18-03-2006, 05:21 AM   #25
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Then I'd say you got bad files. I'm assuming you didn't buy the original games (so you'd have the disks). That's one of the reasons why getting pirated stuff doesn't pay off - sorry. The best advice I can give you is to get a different file (or maybe ask some of the guys on the ghostbusters.net to help you - some are real computer wizzes and maybe one of them knows how to fix your problem).
Old 06-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #26
Toad64

Hey guys, just thought I'd point you to an old site I used to maintain, the Ghostbusters Fan Forum Arcade. I've got a page outlining the game pretty completely, though I meant to scan in the map for the Liberty level and never did (otherwise you'll never know where to go). Anyways, check it out, and if you look at the other pages of other GB games, remember, this site is *old*! I didn't know anything about design whenI made it. i'm planning on remaking the whole thing this summer though, so hopefully the Arcade will look better soon.

GB2 for PC
GBFF Arcade's main page

Oh, and the email link on these pages is no longer active! So if anyone has questions about the other games on the site, message me here!
Toad64 is offline                         Send a private message to Toad64
Old 18-08-2006, 04:33 AM   #27
Kenrick

Hi would u be able to make a map to the museum? I've had this game since it came out and never made it!!! instructions on how to get there would be great thanks!!!!!!!!

Old 30-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #28
Toad64

Okay, found my instruction manual and scanned in the map! Remember, you're not always facing North when you start. Putting your feet together at an intersection should give you a screen showing the street signs (like when the level first started) and allow you to turn down streets.

Toad64 is offline                         Send a private message to Toad64
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 AM   #29
guest thrip

every time i try to answer the phone, i ehar the "GHOSTBUSTERS!!" catch phrase, and then the game appears to freeze. How do I solve this??? Has anybody else experienced this problem??

Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #30

Which version of DOSBox are you using?