Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Now this is enough!

Every reviewer has the right to a personal opinion - and those don't have to be explained!

If you think you can do better McMillan - try (I'll be more then happy to look for all the mistakes in your review).

This is a site that honours old games, and all the reviews are made by fans of the games. No-body is getting payed and these reviews aren't ment to be scientifical research into the game! If you want that - go and hire a team of expert writers to write it up (after taking the whole game apart and putting it back together).

And now back to the game!

Almost everytime I play it in windows - I loose the first life in an instant (just can't get out of the way of the first ghost)... But it's really fun to play it in DOSBox after slowing it down... It's like playing it drunk... You might wanna try it
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #22
Sanguinor

I thought the point of a Review was to tell you about a game, then to give your opinion on it. So -> Pong is a simple electronical simulation of tabletop tennis, or ping pong if you prefer. And I think it's muck, so I've rated it 0. -> Is a perfectly legimate review, and if you disagree so be it, just stop being a ****-jockey and go bitch your hate elsewhere, I like to read about games, not reviews.

Oh and PC Man, brill, just brill.
Sanguinor is offline                         Send a private message to Sanguinor
Old 28-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #23

How do I quit the game?

I'm running it under DOS, and the only way I see to stop playing is with CTRL+ALT+DEL. (The escape key does nothing, ctrl+break or ctrl+c does nothing either)

Old 08-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #24
game

the game is from u.s.a :blink:

Old 08-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #25
punch999
The true Shadow President

So....
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #26
DOTED

I'm a bit confused I thought Pac-Man was published earlier than PC-man so is it me or the given years are wrong???

Old 28-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #27
Office_Monk
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOTED @ Sep 10 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]254240[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'm a bit confused I thought Pac-Man was published earlier than PC-man so is it me or the given years are wrong???
[/b]
Simple, dear friend: PC-Man, the PacMan clone for PC was released earlier than Atari's PC version. It's elementary, Watson! k:
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 16-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #28
liran218

Well, here are some facts you may or may not know about PC-Man
  1. The ghosts and our early version of smily have the same speed (the ghosts aren't faster then PC-Man as written in the review). The difference is when PC-Man eats (it slows him).
  2. At the passage from the upper part of the maze to the lower and back, PC-Man is faster then the ghosts.
  3. Eating all the gohsts at one large-pellet-session gives you a big points bonus.
  4. You get extra life at 10,000 points (if I'm not mistaken). It's possible that you get every 10,000 points. I wouldn't know, as my highscore is 15,080 points.

Enjoy the game!
liran218 is offline                         Send a private message to liran218
Old 18-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by liran218 View Post
1. The ghosts and our early version of smily have the same speed (the ghosts aren't faster then PC-Man as written in the review). The difference is when PC-Man eats (it slows him).
Thank you for this information. I just noticed, the PCer being slower... It never occured to me it might be because he is eating.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 18-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #30
liran218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatianos View Post
Thank you for this information. I just noticed, the PCer being slower... It never occured to me it might be because he is eating.
My pleasure. I usually make some escape ways by eating them first when there are only 1 or 2 ghosts out there, and if I'm in trouble, I can escape them easily on the ways I've created.
:thumbs:
liran218 is offline                         Send a private message to liran218