Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #21
Zorro

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 3 2005, 01:02 PM
need help it wont start it just say put disc b
I think the person who packed this zip archive has made a little mistake. To enable the game to run properly, you should put all files into "C:\gen_c". To start it, you have to run "Khan.Com" and not any other *.com or *exe file.

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 6 2005, 07:29 PM

I am also wondering how to Save the game. I can't "prepare the disk" either by pressing 2 in the begining or by runing main.
I think this game is so old that it realy expects a floppy disc in drive a. You will not be able to store savegames on your harddrive.

Old 27-01-2006, 01:18 AM   #22
Guest_Jake

Hi Dudes I have a question.How to start?Earn money,make my population grow??I have no idea how to play that game.
Can You help me guys?

Old 15-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #23
merci

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zorro @ Dec 23 2005, 04:17 PM) [snapback]191749[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 3 2005, 01:02 PM
need help it wont start it just say put disc b
I think the person who packed this zip archive has made a little mistake. To enable the game to run properly, you should put all files into "C:\gen_c". To start it, you have to run "Khan.Com" and not any other *.com or *exe file.[/b]
I still have the problem, how can I fix this otherwise? Please help me, it´s my favorite game, but I can´t play it :wallbash:
merci is offline                         Send a private message to merci
Old 19-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have you tried that solution already?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
merci

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 19 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]237860[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Have you tried that solution already?
[/b]
I tried it :tai:
merci is offline                         Send a private message to merci
Old 27-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #26

I have a serious problem, the game works but I can't save. The problem is that I cannot prepare a save disk. The game always look for the drive B: and of course it don't find any drive B: because I ony have one diskette reader (drive A. I made a virtual drive calling it B: linking c:\GEN_ but it doen't work too, neither if I create a virtual drive B: linking A: drive.

I think the problem is unsolvable, at least I don't know what to do.
If nobody knows an answer, can anyone who has the game without the "B: drive search" upload it so we can play this game.

It's a shame because this was one of my favorite games when I was young and know I want to play it another time.

Thanks in advance

Naurhir

Old 27-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #27
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 27 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]239981[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have a serious problem, the game works but I can't save. The problem is that I cannot prepare a save disk. The game always look for the drive B: and of course it don't find any drive B: because I ony have one diskette reader (drive A. I made a virtual drive calling it B: linking c:\GEN_ but it doen't work too, neither if I create a virtual drive B: linking A: drive.

I think the problem is unsolvable, at least I don't know what to do.
If nobody knows an answer, can anyone who has the game without the "B: drive search" upload it so we can play this game.

It's a shame because this was one of my favorite games when I was young and know I want to play it another time.

Thanks in advance

Naurhir
[/b]
Well, this is what I did and it worked:
1- extract the game from the zip file to a folder like "c:\games\khan1"
2- copy the dosbox.conf file from the DOSBox folder to the game folder
2- edit this last one (the copy in the game folder) with a text editor - notepad will do the trick
3- place the following lines at the end of the dosbox.conf file (the [autoexec] tab
Quote:
mount c c:\games
mount a c:\games\khan1
mount b c:\games\khan1
c:
cd khan1
khan.com[/b]
4- create a .bat file (I named mine khan.bat)
5- edit your .bat file (once again notepad will do the trick) and place the following line there:
Quote:
"c:\Program files\DOSBox-0.65\dosbox.exe" -conf c:\games\khan1\dosbox.conf[/b]
the "c:\Program files\DOSBox-0.65\dosbox.exe" should aim to the place where you installed DOSBox (it is where I have mine installed, change it to where you have yours)
6- to run the game double click your .bat file - you can even place this file or a shortcut to it in your desktop

I know this may sound too complicate but after you do it once, you can copy make the same to every game that requires DOSBox and set each game with it's own tunings without having to install Defend.
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 06-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #28
manan_force

thank's for this game. I was seeking this one since I had last played. :brain:
manan_force is offline                         Send a private message to manan_force
Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 AM   #29
Guest_Tom_*

I just downloaded Genghis Khan 2 from this website. It works great, except for one thing: music. Does anyone else have a version with music??? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Technical Note:
I was unable to get the sound and music working in DOSBox. [/b]
In other words, this game isn't fully DosBox-compatibile.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman