Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #21
Shaden

I don't remember much of this game. But i remember i loved back on that time(i played it qhen it still was new), and played it over and over again. I can't remember which one it was, but i think it was the fourth, Secrets of the Oracle.

Unfortunately, i never played the others.

As for Apogee, the only other game i remember is Duke Nukem 2, a demo actually. It was good but never really attracted me.
Shaden is offline                         Send a private message to Shaden
Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #22
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(InsaneFury @ Dec 21 2006, 01:12 AM) [snapback]272261[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I could also waste hours on-end with that Paddle Wars game, that was added to the later versions.
[/b]
I used to love that game too, I don't know why but I always played a few rounds whenever I started up Keen. It was so random and yet to cool back in the early 90s. I've only played Secret of the Oracle, does anyone have an recommendations as to which of the others were really good? Or which one would you suggest or was your favorite?
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 07-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #23
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

Haha, Biomenace. That was a great platformer. Monster Bash was also pretty cool; not as good, but I enjoyed the horror like theme to it.
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #24
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

Commander Keen was also the founder of DOPEFISH http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopefish

It became a phenomenon in the gaming community after that. I remember trying to get past that beast in Keen 4, it took about 25 tries of my friend and I taking turns before we got our little scuba diving Keen past it without being eaten.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 21-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #25
Beanbiebklar

I couldn't stand the second Keen series. It seemed to me like once the in-level save system was implemented, the levels quickly became impossible to complete without constantly using it (and restarting the music over). Now, I'm not a bad video game player. I can beat Megaman 2 on hard mode! (so there) Both those games, at least, are better than Realms of Chaos.
Old 25-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #26
Starflower

I still play Commander Keen occasionally - I much prefer the second series to the first. And I remember Monster Bash as well - I was addicted to it back in the day. I was quite good at it too, as I recall. *makes mental note to try and find it*
Starflower is offline                         Send a private message to Starflower
Old 25-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #27
Morrin
Underground

I play CK too every now and then, mostly from four to six.

Hey Starflower, that is one nice avatar you got there!
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 26-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #28
zaphod_x86
Forum hobbit

I used to play Keen in the early 90s.

Though my favourite Apogee game when it comes to platformers has been Halloween Harry also known as Alien Carnage.
Loved those grenades...