Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #281
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Use DosBox to run the game. You can download it here.

And as a side note, learn what is the _real_ speeed of your CPU. Because I'm pretty damn sure it's not 64 mhz.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #282
gamer25

I can fully download it, but when I go to try to play it, it cuts out of the program.

Old 18-02-2007, 01:54 AM   #283
vishinator
Smile

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(doma @ Dec 26 2004, 10:27 PM) [snapback]41870[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
bump.
Anyone know what to do about the Lag problem related to building stuff.
the game cannot be played with it , thats for sure
[/b]

The game runs laggy on a too fast machine. my machine has an AMD 4200+ which lags a lot and is super choppy at times

Old 15-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #284
Zero_kunoichi

People that don't know how to configure dosbox....

I found a similar solution to the problem by running virtual pc 2007.

You need a win 98 iso or the actual cd and install it on virtual pc.
I have the original constuctor iso also and it works perfect on virtal pc 2007.
The network play works also and it has all the cinematics and animations on it.

If someone can tell me where I can upload this 450mb iso I'd be happy to share the full thing and include steps on how to run it on virtual pc 2007.

Virtual pc 2007 is free and you can get a win98 iso easy.

EDIT: NVM I just found out that the full installation of 400mb doesn't even include computers in the network play.
The one that is posted on this site has network ability with computers.
The only problem I have now is sound problems where I get a stutter sound that runs until I close the game. Any help?
Zero_kunoichi is offline                         Send a private message to Zero_kunoichi
Old 16-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #285
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can split the archive into several parts and upload to Rapidshare or a similar service.

Once you get a sufficient postcount (I think it's somwhere between 5 an 20 posts... this has been subject to frequent changes ever since it's been put into place), you will be able to access the ISO Cellar forum, which is used specifically for such purposes.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #286
Zero_kunoichi

Yeah I was thinking about breaking it down and putting it up on some ftp site but I was hoping someone was having a ftp server where you don't have to have limits on it.

I also found out that the CD includes a win_95 run and a dos function which both are full with movies.
The DOS version has computers included in the multiplayer but the win_95 version doesn't.
Zero_kunoichi is offline                         Send a private message to Zero_kunoichi
Old 17-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #287
Daniel

I have original CD. Been trying to get this game to work for years, checking back every so often to see if someone has made a patch. So why dosnt someone make a patch. Is it not possible to adapt the games Win95 capability for use with xp. With out using dosbox.

With dosbox people who own original have problems with error message cant find cd. The game isnt that old compared to similar games/older ones. Games that have been adapted for xp. Without understanding the deep complexities I cannot truely comment on this.

Its a pain!

Old 19-03-2007, 06:18 AM   #288
Joel

[i]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Braindead @ Dec 26 2004, 10:38 PM) [snapback]41878[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
have you tried playing the game without DosBox?
[/b]
I have tried, actually i cant use DosBox, have to read the manual. <_<
I have got a different problem, when i'll get "fired" or whatever it's called the game closes and a dos screen pops up and says, cannot find video, i also dont have any sound, and im running Win98SE, help?
Please?
/
Joel

Old 19-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #289
Dojan5
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero @ Mar 16 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]283892[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yeah I was thinking about breaking it down and putting it up on some ftp site but I was hoping someone was having a ftp server where you don't have to have limits on it.

I also found out that the CD includes a win_95 run and a dos function which both are full with movies.
The DOS version has computers included in the multiplayer but the win_95 version doesn't.
[/b]
At my website i have got a server with a limit of 2500 mg, is that enough?
Dojan5 is offline                         Send a private message to Dojan5
Old 19-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #290
Storm
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joel @ Mar 19 2007, 07:18 AM) [snapback]284166[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[i]I have tried, actually i cant use DosBox, have to read the manual. <_<
I have got a different problem, when i'll get "fired" or whatever it's called the game closes and a dos screen pops up and says, cannot find video, i also dont have any sound, and im running Win98SE, help?
Please?
/
Joel
[/b]
As far as I know, not all the movie files are included within the download. I always figured this was just the building movie files though...
Storm is offline                         Send a private message to Storm