Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #271
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

The first dune game is completely based on the movie....and the movie is completely based on the first book...so...Himo it's impossible ...(however I hope you'll find something ).

This is the only thing I've found...by Brian Davies

NEVER ENDING STORY

"If you follow this sequence of events, you can keep playing after you destroy the Harkonnen palace. To do this, you first must plan the final attack in Arrakeen-Timin, the seitch closest to the palace. Once you are ready to launch the attack, talk to Stilgar. It will pop up with the menu.

Wait for the moon or sun to move once, (meaning the next hour has begun) and immedietly launch the attack. You have to quickly leave the seitch and ride a worm to the palace.

If you have done this correctly, you will appear at the palace during the battle. Do not fool around. Immedietly press the MASSIVE ATTACK button. Not the FIGHT FOR A DAY, or anything else. Only MASSIVE ATTACK will work. When you do this, the battle ends, and you have no vision.

Instead of going into the palace, go back a screen. Wait for two days to pass, and the Harkonnen Palace will actually be changed into a seitch!

Inside, you will find the Baron, Fyed Rautha, and the Emperor. You can actually talk to them too.

Another Hint- You CAN keep playing after this, except for the fact that there is no one to fight, no emperor to give spice to, and no way to find new seitches. But you CAN get Liet Kynes to go walking around with you."

Have fun guys k:
Old 04-04-2007, 05:16 AM   #272
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Apr 3 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]286068[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

"If you follow this sequence of events, you can keep playing after you destroy the Harkonnen palace. To do this, you first must plan the final attack in Arrakeen-Timin, the seitch closest to the palace. Once you are ready to launch the attack, talk to Stilgar. It will pop up with the menu.

Wait for the moon or sun to move once, (meaning the next hour has begun) and immedietly launch the attack. You have to quickly leave the seitch and ride a worm to the palace.

If you have done this correctly, you will appear at the palace during the battle. Do not fool around. Immedietly press the MASSIVE ATTACK button. Not the FIGHT FOR A DAY, or anything else. Only MASSIVE ATTACK will work. When you do this, the battle ends, and you have no vision.

Instead of going into the palace, go back a screen. Wait for two days to pass, and the Harkonnen Palace will actually be changed into a seitch!

Inside, you will find the Baron, Fyed Rautha, and the Emperor. You can actually talk to them too.

Another Hint- You CAN keep playing after this, except for the fact that there is no one to fight, no emperor to give spice to, and no way to find new seitches. But you CAN get Liet Kynes to go walking around with you."
[/b]
It's seems a funny thing. I'll take note of this for the future

Thanks
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 14-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #273
Predseda

Anyone managed to run the voices of the CD version of Dune 1 under Windows XP? I have the original, the game works, including music, but it still refuses to accept any soundcard settings for Sound FX and keeps to tell me that there is a interrupt conflict.

Old 16-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #274
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Try interrupt (IRQ) 5 and 7. Those are the most common ones. Or you look up your sound card settings in your sound card configuration program (if you should have one).

OR.... Use DosBox.
Old 17-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #275
AyDee
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Predseda @ Apr 14 2007, 02:16 PM) [snapback]286983[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Anyone managed to run the voices of the CD version of Dune 1 under Windows XP? I have the original, the game works, including music, but it still refuses to accept any soundcard settings for Sound FX and keeps to tell me that there is a interrupt conflict.
[/b]
Lucky. I lost my original copy years ago to a friend who insists that she returned it (I maintain that she's a liar).

I have to second Icewolf's recommendation: use DosBox. It's pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread. Before finding DosBox, I fought with the very same problem and never did win. It discouraged me so much that I lent the game to a friend...which ended badly, as I've said. Just download the app from Abandonia's Utilities menu, follow the guide, and you'll be set.

But...! To those who have the smaller (and voiceless) copy of Dune: The full CD version (.cue and .bin files) is up for torrent on IsoHunt. Burn that to a CD-R using Nero's Burn Image option, then install it from the CD and run it from your HDD.
AyDee is offline                         Send a private message to AyDee
Old 18-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #276
Icewolf
Il Lupone

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AyDee @ Apr 17 2007, 02:51 AM) [snapback]287216[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
But...! To those who have the smaller (and voiceless) copy of Dune: The full CD version (.cue and .bin files) is up for torrent on IsoHunt. Burn that to a CD-R using Nero's Burn Image option, then install it from the CD and run it from your HDD.[/b]
Use our Abandonia
ISO CELLAR !!!!! 11111 oneoneoneone

EDIT: We host an ISO of that CD there as well...
Old 21-04-2007, 03:46 AM   #277
ROB

I tried all that you suggested for Dune1....I got sound working, but no voices....

Old 21-04-2007, 03:56 AM   #278
ROB

By the way, I remember beating the game with I was a freshman in high school....Here's what boosts the MORALE of the armies....VEGETATION.....do the vegetation and it actually strengthens your armies and you can easily start beating the Harkonnens.... and WHY can't I get the voices to work in DOSBOX....does anyone know? Anyone got the voices working??

Old 23-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #279
Icewolf
Il Lupone

So how did you set up the sound in DosBox?
And did you look at the options if speech was available but not selected...?
Old 23-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #280
Predseda

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Apr 23 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]288066[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So how did you set up the sound in DosBox?
And did you look at the options if speech was available but not selected...?
[/b]

Always the same problem as ROB. I tried DOSbox before I wrote here, but I am still unable to run voices. Music works, voces don't. Maybe I am simply not clever enough to set up the DOSbox correctly?