Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

here is the edited ITEMDATA.LBX
ITEMDATA.LBX edited with ITEMMAKE utility and packed with ARJ
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 15-06-2006, 05:56 AM   #272
Scatty
Treasure hunter

It's nice for you to upload it, but keep in mind that others might want a different setup of the items in it. It would be maybe wiser to upload itemmake.exe instead for those who don't have it in their Master of Magic directory
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 15-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #273
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Jun 15 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]236917[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It's nice for you to upload it, but keep in mind that others might want a different setup of the items in it. It would be maybe wiser to upload itemmake.exe instead for those who don't have it in their Master of Magic directory
[/b]
Yap! Agree!
This File is for those who do not want to spend a lot time making their own items and for others as an example.
It is doubtful to me that somebody does not have this utility.

If somebody does not have this program with the game please send me PM.
I am posting a link ITEMMAKE . the Microprose utility for making items for Master of Magic
Old 19-06-2006, 05:38 AM   #274

Quote:
As far as i know which cities rebel and become independent is a random event. It can happen even if the city has no rebels. Only 3 types of city can't be hit by this event.
Cities with your wizard tower, cities with where you have more fanastic creatures than normal units, and cities with heroes.
[/b]
Actually, once my capital city of dark elves rebelled, thus resulting in "Raiders take over -Wizard's name- fortress" or "Raiders banishes -name-. It does not happen often because people tend to let the capital more defended.

Old 20-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #275
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

Some time ago I have read on some forum a tricky tactics that allows you to gain an unlimited fame.

Unfortunately I can't rememeber it.

I know how to gain fame from banish.
You can banish wizards many times but it give you only 5 fame per banich.
Suppose that you banished a wizard then you storm all his cities except 1 or 2 small cities.
After he cast the spell of return you can banish him again. If wizard have only 2 cities then you should give him a 1000gp so he can return faster. But then you need to wait some turns while he produces a settlers and sends it to make outpost then to wait some turns while his outpost grows into hamlet. It takes a lot of time in the game. The reason to get a lot fame is to get score about 150%. The score consists of fame, year when you finished, population,spells researched and a score for casting a spell of mastery. The bonus for time is the biggest. So you need a fame boost to cover up your waiting. So usually you can banish each wizard 4 times before you clear the map and found new cities all over the world. Total 4*4*5=80 fame for banish and 3*10=30 fame for defeat. You need to keep 1 wizard at the end of the game to have a possibility of casting the spell of mastery.

But that was another tactics described on that forum.

My maximum score was 109%.

Who knows how to gain a lot of fame in a short time?

Old 20-06-2006, 05:41 AM   #276
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ Jun 20 2006, 01:49 AM) [snapback]237991[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Quite easy - you get a champion, create the best artifacts and set him out on rampage on lairs, ruins, temples and nodes. It should bring you already around 40 fame somewhere in the middle of all covered places. Shorter than that I don't think there's a way.
Old 21-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #277
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Jun 20 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]238014[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahnassi @ Jun 20 2006, 01:49 AM) [snapback]237991[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Quite easy - you get a champion, create the best artifacts and set him out on rampage on lairs, ruins, temples and nodes. It should bring you already around 40 fame somewhere in the middle of all covered places. Shorter than that I don't think there's a way.
[/b][/quote]
hmm. lairs cannot regenerate. once you explore it disappears. That was some other renewable source of fame.

who knows what is the difference between:
1)magic weapon
2)adamantium weapon
3)mithril weapon

magic weapon gives +1 to hit.
What give the rest two?

I noticed that once you build an alchemist guild you can produce units only with magic weapons even if there're adamantium mines near the city.
Old 21-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #278
Scatty
Treasure hunter

The difference between magic, and mithril and adamantium weapons is that mithril increases the attack strength by one and adamantium by two besides the +1 chance to hit, while magic weapons don't increase the attack strength.
Once you've built the alchemists guild you can produce units with mithtril and adamantium weapons if the appropriate mines are in the city's cover area which is 2 blocks in each straight direction and 1 block in diagonal directions, I think.
Old 22-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #279
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Jun 21 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]238379[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The difference between magic, and mithril and adamantium weapons is that mithril increases the attack strength by one and adamantium by two besides the +1 chance to hit, while magic weapons don't increase the attack strength.
Once you've built the alchemists guild you can produce units with mithtril and adamantium weapons if the appropriate mines are in the city's cover area which is 2 blocks in each straight direction and 1 block in diagonal directions, I think.
[/b]
oops this means that something wrong with my copy of the game.
i checked yesterday : no alchemist guild in town but a adamantum mine is 2 blocks below. result - unnit with magic weapon

Can you help me to determine which file is corrupted. Can you post a file list with file size and dates?
like "c:\games\mom\DIR /on /n /l >mylist.txt" ?
Old 22-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #280
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are you able to build the Guild, Ahnassi?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman