Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #251
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Okay, here is the first piece of art I made. I must say swiss's work and my current feelings inspired me. I hope you will like it, and I wanna hear the "master"'s opinon about it too k:

This is my beloved one after I finished with Photoshop:

I know it is no big deal but this is my first work of 'art' I ever did... and she is my favorite

EDIT: This pic was actually bigger, but that soddin photobucket resized it now its little <_< anyone knows a place where I can story my pic untouched and link them to here?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 13-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #252
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Feb 13 2006, 12:44 AM

EDIT: This pic was actually bigger, but that soddin photobucket resized it now its little <_< anyone knows a place where I can story my pic untouched and link them to here?
Try www.imageshack.us
Old 13-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #253
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Thanks I tried it, but my pic is 2,7 MB large so I can't upload it there too... Any opinions on the picture?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 14-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #254
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Its ok, not bad in my opinion, the pic looks a lil blurred, bit I think you did that on purpose, and the edges just seem a lil bit off, intersting backround though, and the font is pretty good, if a lil spotted

moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 14-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #255
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Wow thanks

The original picture is blurred, I made it fast I wanted to capture that moment and my arms were a little shaky, but the background and the font is grainy on purpose. I made that little blue shadow too, I don't know if it fits, and the font is made up of two components and I put them under the grainy filter to give them better look...

(meanwhile, take a look at my music thread, I'm about to post my latest creation )

Old 14-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #256
swiss
who's not Swiss

k: nice work (even if it is in the wrong thread ... :whistle: )

I really like it but I would highly increase the contrast of the girl in the foreground.then it would probably more interesting when you soften the background a bit. (having high contrast in the foreground and low contrast in the smooth background) but anyway good work!

---

edit:

what'cha think about this?
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 14-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #257
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The blur is a bit weird but overall it's a nice picture. Clean and simple. Great for your first effort. One of the things that I and many others do when starting out is make everything too chaotic to try and make it look cool. You haven't overestimated your abilities. Played safe and got a decent image as a result.

swiss pwnz you tho!

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 14-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #258
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Wow, well thanks for all the appreciation :wub: This picture was inspired by the nice girl on it She is my muse now, makes me do all kind of stuff I never been able to do, like this picture. Of course I'm far behind you guys in art, but I always try to give my best no matter what k:

@swiss: Cool pic dude k: I always liked how you position the text on your images, this one looks awesome like this. I left the background dim on purpose, this gives the blue shadow some "glow" if you know what I mean, besides that is her room, so I kinda wanted it to be visible a little

hmm, this gives me an idea, maybe I make another pic soon...

Old 17-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #259
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Feb 14 2006, 11:33 PM
Wow, well thanks for all the appreciation :wub: This picture was inspired by the nice girl on it She is my muse now, makes me do all kind of stuff I never been able to do, like this picture. Of course I'm far behind you guys in art, but I always try to give my best no matter what k:

@swiss: Cool pic dude k: I always liked how you position the text on your images, this one looks awesome like this. I left the background dim on purpose, this gives the blue shadow some "glow" if you know what I mean, besides that is her room, so I kinda wanted it to be visible a little

hmm, this gives me an idea, maybe I make another pic soon...
Far behind?

No.

You're behind us (I presume you was talking about me too :P) as we've had a time to experiement. However, I think you really have a natrual talent. For your first image it's really quite clean. Shows a good understanding of making 'pretty' images. Something I lacked when first starting out. I honestly think you'll catch up to myself fairly soon and there's nothing stopping you from becoming as good as our little retouch master swiss. Just remember my artwork is HARDER to make than swiss' even if his looks better, right swiss? :whistle: :whistle:

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 21-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #260
MagicMaggy

:w00t: Your nephew at your PC looks so adorable. What a nice and cool picture. The head set makes him looking extremely cool
MagicMaggy is offline                         Send a private message to MagicMaggy