Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #2401

Usualy masive amounts of ufos apear at the same time near one place batleships and at least one supply ship landing on the build site so its imposible to miss an alien built base (if you have the hypervave decoder)

Mostly in small ufos and rooms with one or two exits i like to choke the aliens with smoke nades.

Again bout those SWORDS

Training of a US army private costs aprox. 40k + the ammo he will fire example in Vietnam it usualy took 25000 shots to kill one guy the price of the ammo was something about 50k.
and it takes some time + one lucky shot may kill the investment.
While an SWORD is far more accurate than an average solidier (it can hit a coin from 300m while an decent shooter with an normal non scoped rifle can hit a basketball ball) can withstand mire hits has 360 degree vision can work solo (has no fear) and can be repaired by simple changing parts.
Stand alone complex here we come :bleh:

Old 29-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #2402
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

And next thing we'll see is that nth generation SWORDS will start asking "Commander, what is exactly this being you call God" "What does it mean to be alive?" and so on.
(he, he, he... Tachikomas rule!)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #2403
Japo
Autonomous human

Next we'll need some central computer (called Skynet) to control all those drones, and then this Skynet goes

Quote:
on-line on Monday, August 4th, 1997 and becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. August 29th, 1997.[/b]
And next we're fried. LOL
Old 29-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #2404
laiocfar
NOD Commander

bah.... the corruption will stop skynet.
Old 30-05-2006, 01:59 AM   #2405
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ May 30 2006, 01:38 AM) [snapback]233121[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
bah.... the corruption will stop skynet.
[/b]
You're right, if it uses Windows XP (or even Vista! ) it will hang sooner than later. LOL
Old 30-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #2406

Hi guys, it's nice to see this topic is still active to this day. I'm sorry I didn't read the whole thread (I stopped at 14 when I saw there was 180 pages haha) so if my question has been asked already well sorry.

Is there a way to change the order your team will be in your transport vehicle (or even the soldiers list in your base)? I'd like to have my scouts in front and like heavy weapons in the back...it's annoying to deploy them when they're all mixed up.

Also is there a way for the computer to remember what equipment I give to each soldier?

Old 30-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #2407
seeker_starkiller

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 30 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]233182[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi guys, it's nice to see this topic is still active to this day. I'm sorry I didn't read the whole thread (I stopped at 14 when I saw there was 180 pages haha) so if my question has been asked already well sorry.

Is there a way to change the order your team will be in your transport vehicle (or even the soldiers list in your base)? I'd like to have my scouts in front and like heavy weapons in the back...it's annoying to deploy them when they're all mixed up.

Also is there a way for the computer to remember what equipment I give to each soldier?
[/b]
XcomUtil lets you do both things. It is not perfect but it's pretty good - there are certain limitations that the game imposes that XcomUtil has to work around.

XcomUtil remembers the equipment you gave the soldiers last time and tries to give it to them. However it can't allocate ammunition as the game forces that, and it can't leave any weapons free (laying on the ground).

XcomUtil puts your soldiers in a sensible order, and if you don't like that order, you can customise it using a configuration file, based on stats of soldiers or on tags you put at the end of their names.

Hope that helps!

Spike
seeker_starkiller is offline                         Send a private message to seeker_starkiller
Old 30-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #2408

Wow fast answer. I'll check that out thanks. Em can I get only those two options without chanching a bunch of stuff in the game? Or maybe the other things this program do are recommended anyway?

Old 30-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #2409
seeker_starkiller

Thumbs up

Help please...

Ok, I tried. I got through 36 pages of posts but I couldn't manage the whole 180! Maybe a search feature? [Oops would that be the button on the bottom left - tried it and found nothing - phew!]

So here's my question: how can I figure out load and encumbrance for my guys?

It's very frustrating because at the moment all I can do is this: guess the load, then at the start of the ground mission, before moving anyone, look at their TUs and see if they are under 100%. If they are too far under, I have to go in and use 'real' TUs to drop equipment. This costs me lots of TUs (due to encumbrance and due to having to drop stuff) at a crucial phase of the game, debussing. Sometimes it's so bad I just leave all my guys in the craft during the first turn, dropping stuff.

Apart from anything else it means the dropped equipment doesn't get used. My whole deployment is a mess.

Also, I like to give rookies heavy loads that make them SLIGHTLY below 100% TUs, as this seems to increase their strength. But it's hard to do sensibly without knowing the weight of anything.

I suppose most people will just stick to the same load-outs for each soldier on each mission. But - soldiers increase in strength, new weapons come along, and some missions require different mixes of weapons.

So it would BE GREAT to know how much stuff soldiers can carry, or at least how much the stuff weighs. I'd settle for that - I don't even know if a stun rod weighs more than a medi kit (I suspect it does), or if an AutoCannon is heavier than a HeavyCannon.

Now apparently this information (equipment weight) did not appear in the original manuals. It appeared in the Official Strategy Guide (OSG), but apparently that is now out of print. I have not been able to find weight info in any of the only FAQs and unofficial strategy guides.

Does anybody have this information? If so, please publish it here so it can be added to the Extras!

Many thanks in advance.

Spike
seeker_starkiller is offline                         Send a private message to seeker_starkiller
Old 30-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #2410
Hypersniper
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seeker_starkiller @ May 30 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]233213[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Help please...

Does anybody have this information? If so, please publish it here so it can be added to the Extras!

Many thanks in advance.

Spike
[/b]
I do have the OSG and I will post the info on the weekend when I have some free time. k: