Old 20-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #221
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Mage, when do You sleep?
RL it is private data. VR I sleep usualy only when I'm out of spells

PS: I forgot to mention that I had to kill Keldorn, who was to busy killing evil. But I might be evil, but I'm not (that)bad, am I?
Umar Hills I got through, and with all my traps, even the Shadow Dragon could not stand me power! (Especially as I am practically immun to fire with two ring of protection from fire brought from BG1, Valygar's armor on the top etc.)
Old 20-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #222
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
So, does anybody want to play Icewind Dale 1 in multiplayer?

With great pleasure but never before played and I will be real idiot who never win.

yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 21-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #223
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Allow me to do a quick analysis here about spells and high level abilities with my thief/mage. When today I turned in the computer, I just realised I forgot about leveling yesterday (fortunatelly only in one of my classes, so no loss of max. hp).

First, I checked how many level10 spells will I have. I realised that even if I'd gain them only as mage (the thief and mage pool are mixed for me at every levelup), I'd be able to gain 3 of them. And as 2 of the spells are fire-based, and therefor ca. useless, I'm settled with this.

Now the "+1 level 6-7-8 spells" abilities: I took the +1 level six plainly because of the drow vs. illithid battle to cast another Death spell (there the illithids count as summoned creatures). But I thought: why would I need extra level 7 or 8? So here comes my analysis on spell-levels:
Level 1 spells here after character L10 can be just forgotten with the exception of Magic Missile.
Level 2 spells are "just in case" cathegory. Nothing excelling here, nothing you surly cast every day, but lots of "what if" spells, like vocalisation.
Level 3 has nice offers, but even Vampiric Touch will turn obsolate. The oh-so-good Fireball from BG1 will go out of fasion for two reason: immunity comes in, and Melf's minute meteor. Melf's is so powerful, you can consider almost as cheat. Skull Trap offers a trap, therefor a must have - but that's the end of it.
Level 4 is actually cool. So many good spells, I won't go into details. I only mention Summon Spider as THE lowlevel summoning spell (summons work mainly as meatshield for gaining time) - better than ANY of Monster Summoning 1-3.
Level 5 has cloudkill what you'll forget after some higher level (similar stronger areaspells will come), Lower Resistance as preparation, and Sunray on the pure offensive power. But that's it again.
Level 6 offers the curiotsities, and most of them has their place - but cast them rarely. All are midlevel spells too (including two summons).
Level 7 has Limited Wish and a sequencer. Sadly the summon efreeti on the party's side never produces the Gasous Form bug (I'm not sure if it is a bug or feature, but annoying for sure). But the only constant spell here is Mordekainen's sword, Warding Whip and maybe Project Image.
Level 8 is awefully sucky. Ok, you have Simularcum, Abi Dazbi's Horrid Whilting, Shapechange (for me it is obsolate because of Hear Dhalis' sword) and maybe one or two other spells, but ask yourself: how many times you cast those? Maybe I'd consider gaining the "+1 level 7-8 spell" abilities IF there'd be a +1 level 9 too, but this way... I just hoard Spike Traps.

EDIT: Evasion + Greater Evasion is good to have with 1 charge, and Avoid Death would also be ok IF I wouldn't have 2 Ring of Gaxx (too bad you can't steal from the demilich form too for a third, eh?). The rest of the mage/thief abilities are forgetable.

Last edited by twillight; 21-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #224
Wicky
the little viking

Quote:
With great pleasure but never before played and I will be real idiot who never win.

Aww you're putting yourself down. I'll give you control of the bard (whom I already named Yoga hehe) and tell you what to do. If this works out you can have 2 characters and even half the group when you feel like it.

Add wicky3d on Xfire so we can chat/voicechat/exchange files etc..?
http://www.xfire.com/

Hope to hear from you soon,

Wicky
Old 21-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #225
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

[quote=Wicky;432760]Aww you're putting yourself down. I'll give you control of the bard (whom I already named Yoga hehe) and tell you what to do. If this works out you can have 2 characters and even half the group when you feel like it.

Add wicky3d on Xfire so we can chat/voicechat/exchange files etc..?

Hope to hear from you soon,

OK. I will do my best. Pls give me time for routine installation and so on. It is a big compliment to be your protagonist. Of course, if all is OK with the game I will return the gesture and my hero will be named Wicky.

Actually now I am playing the game Shadow caster. Lvl 4.

@Mage
Perfect analysis, twillight.
With this excellent knowledge no monster can be opponent.

Btw, You did not tell me how do you pass The mustard jellies, the Guardians of Doom and then 2 Skeleton Warriors before Sarevok temple in BG? For me this was terrible moment.
..I remember I lured aside Jellies and attacked the strong Guardians.. Suddenly both jellies divided to 4 pieces and attacked me from behind. This way the brave was between 2 fires. Gladly the corridor was narrow so only one jelly was able to hit me.

the brave

Do not kill Keldorn. Simply help this man to back his temple, because later he will initiate a new quest, if I am not wrong.
Old 21-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #226
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
@Mage
Perfect analysis, twillight.
With this excellent knowledge no monster can be opponent.

Btw, You did not tell me how do you pass The mustard jellies, the Guardians of Doom and then 2 Skeleton Warriors before Sarevok temple in BG? For me this was terrible moment.

the brave

Do not kill Keldorn. Simply help this man to back his temple, because later he will initiate a new quest, if I am not wrong.
1) yoga, remember I play SOLO. No quests what require party therefor. Not that I miss anything that way, as I already have 6million exp (3mill per class), and none of those quests provide any cool item. Also this way (by killing recruitable NPCs) I can lay my hand on some nifty stuff.

2) The mustard jellies at me did not split. My tactic was for all the Thief Maze to lure the monsters to a corner, then hide&backstab. I simply ran away from retaliation.

PS: I finished the Rogue Stone Doorway (had to equip Cloak of Nondetection).
Also finished Windspear Hills. Now I have a spiffy Red Dragon Scale Armor. And I didn't even had to sleep during the quest!

Btw, at many more places then usual I encounter liches because of my high level, but with hide in shadows they aren't bad at all.

Last but not least this time: Remember that during the Unseeing Eye you have to cast a healing on the demon at Amaunator? I was sooo happy to have the Staff of Healing and Use Any Item (the staff in question is priest only)...! I think that's the only way to deal healing by nonpriest/nondruid characters

EDIT: The Illithid Infiltration in the Sewers of Amn is defeated. Should I use the Wand of Wonders?

EDIT2: As only the stronghold-quests remained for me, and I want to work for the vampires, I checked how Bodhi will behave if I start the thieves' quests too (and finish it only after the Planar Sphere, or not). The messenger came, but in the Graveyard no Bodhi.
As previous Bodhi DID hire me, I checked what if I don't even enter the Thieves' Guild. Still no Bodhi.
So my last chance is, that after aquiring the Mage Stronghold I'll agan be considered a mage, and Bodhi will accept me. Wish me luck.

Last edited by twillight; 21-08-2011 at 07:08 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #227
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
EDIT: The Illithid Infiltration in the Sewers of Amn is defeated. Should I use the Wand of Wonders?
Only if you're looking for a way to die lots of times quickly and in many interesting ways. Or if you're the save-load-save-load-load type of player. Sell that thing, would be more useful for you.

As for working for Bodhi, it shouldn't work with a Thief at all. It never did for me, no lack of trying there. Also if you ever kill even one of the vampires in the scripted scenes where they confront the thieves at nights, your chance with Bodhi is gone.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 21-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #228
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Only if you're looking for a way to die lots of times quickly and in many interesting ways. Or if you're the save-load-save-load-load type of player. Sell that thing, would be more useful for you.

As for working for Bodhi, it shouldn't work with a Thief at all. It never did for me, no lack of trying there. Also if you ever kill even one of the vampires in the scripted scenes where they confront the thieves at nights, your chance with Bodhi is gone.
I am not thief. My character is a mage/thief multiclass. And that was why I tested right at the beggining of Chapter 2, as about multiclassing there is basically no info anywhere.

And I bloody well know I shall not bother vampires. I did not touch them naturally.

Anyway, we'll see. Now I'm inside the Sphere, ready to step outside and collect a demonheart.
Old 22-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #229
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I am not thief. My character is a mage/thief multiclass. And that was why I tested right at the beggining of Chapter 2, as about multiclassing there is basically no info anywhere.

And I bloody well know I shall not bother vampires. I did not touch them naturally.

Anyway, we'll see. Now I'm inside the Sphere, ready to step outside and collect a demonheart.
Techincally, if you have a thief in your multiclass, you are a thief. And a mage. No idea how game logic handles it though, but game system wise you are a thief.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #230
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Guten Tag, Wicky.

I am yoga7 in

My commandos:
Wicky - half-elf -Bard - 14/14/14/14/11/15
yoga - human -Cleric - 14/12/11/15/11/12
Hunvagy - halfling - Thief -12/16/11/8/15/13
Scatty- human-Mage-13/13/12/15/15/12
Lily-human girl-(my sympathy )-Mage-11/12/13/11/15/15
Tomekk- elf-Diviner - 13/16/6/16/17/15

Last edited by yoga; 23-08-2011 at 02:09 PM.