Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #211
Doktrin
Lurker

I own the cd version of albion and installed it a week ago. the first moments brought back some very good memories of my old 486 mashine w/ all the dos games.

after all, i reached now the third isle and decided to choose siobhan. but after she reached a new level, she only has 1 attack per turn (was 2 before). even with level 10 she doesnt get an extra attack (like drirr). is this a bug? a remembered her as the toughest fighter.
Doktrin is offline                         Send a private message to Doktrin
Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #212
JustMe
Lurker

heeeeelp
i kept playin this great game for years till i lend the cd to a fried and never get it back :-)
BUT in the downloadable version occurs a prolem ive never seen before!
Right after the murder-scene (when the character returns after 2 days to the central building. its at the very beginning of the game) u have to talk to the aeons old whise cat (sorry cant remember the names :-) )and then to chase the murderer. direct after quitting the dialogue with the whise one the game freezes! Does anyone have the same poblem or a solution for it?
greetings
JustMe
JustMe is offline                         Send a private message to JustMe
Old 10-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #213
Infinitenoodles

I haven't heard of this game until now, but the review makes it sound really fun. I'll be playing this game as soon as I figure out how to get DOSbox working.
Infinitenoodles is offline                         Send a private message to Infinitenoodles
Old 15-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #214
CorvusIlluminatus
Lurker

Question Apparently Unsolvable

I remember playing this game as a little kid, but now I can't run it. I do hope someone here has solved this problem, or at least has some idea what to do:

Running any file in the Albion folder, either on its own or in DOSbox results in a black screen, occasionally preceded by a flash of text too brief to read, meaning, presumably, that it has automatically gone full-screen. The only way to escape this is Alt-Tab.

Running with VDMSound (tried configuring it with Roland sound blaster as well) garners the same results as above, except that rather than seeing the program name on the taskbar, it now says 'VDMS Launchpad'. I can only assume my files are corrupt, then, except that I've downloaded from several different sites, and re-unRAR'd it at least a dozen times.

Also (secondary to the above), upon attempting to run any program CD-style (from Albion\CD\ALBION), either standalone or with DOSbox, I receive the error message that DOS4GW cannot be found. Just for the hell of it, I copied it to the aforementioned folder from the main folder, only to come up against a no-CD error (which I have tried to fix using the methods in this thread, to no avail).

I have a Pentium 4 with XP Home Edition.

I would love a solution, and obviously any suggestion you can make is welcome. Please help, I loved this game!
CorvusIlluminatus is offline                         Send a private message to CorvusIlluminatus
Old 28-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #215
toaster99
Lurker

Loving this game, one of the best RPG's I've ever played. I actually like the 3D parts of the game, they keep it intresting
toaster99 is offline                         Send a private message to toaster99
Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #216
Zetsu

i can't download the game :/ pls. help me i love this game...
Zetsu is offline                         Send a private message to Zetsu
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #217
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There's a big sign saying "GET IT!" right on the game's page. How in the blazes did you miss it?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #218
Zetsu

oh... sorry i have only a sign who stand "no go" but very thx ^-^*start download*
Zetsu is offline                         Send a private message to Zetsu
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #219
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

this happens with different language versions of abandonia
Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #220
johnmyster

Unhappy Lost in Desert!

So I went with Ohl to find the passage through the boulder belt by Umajo-Kenta, and I entered the passage. In the passage, shown in 3-d, there are two exits: one going east and one going south. I found out later as I was searching through walkthroughs for help that the east one is useless and you're supposed to go through the south one. Well, I went through the east one which led me outside in the desert. I looked all around and didn't find the Toronto, because I didn't know then that the Toronto was outside of the other entrance. My problem: I can't find my way back into the passage! I've tried for over an hour to find the entrance back to the passage, I'm pretty sure it's in the northeast part of this area, in all the rocks, but I can't find it through all the annoying rocks. My only recent save is one I saved in this area, not helping me at all.

Help would be very much appreciated! If you can direct me to a link of some kind of map in this area, a walkthrough that actually tells how to get out of this part, or if you happen to know it yourself, please do so. I've searched and searched through google, but no success.
johnmyster is offline                         Send a private message to johnmyster