Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2007, 03:00 AM   #201

whats with the ending it doesnt make any sense

Old 27-04-2007, 03:24 AM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinktothebeat
Hi guys, I've downloaded some games from this wonderful site before.
This is the only one I've had trouble with. I'm pretty much inept with computers, the only reason I've been able to figure out how to run these games if my profound love for sierra games.
I DO have dosbox. I right-click Fable, select Run with VDMS, and either it goes black, and I have to control-alt-delete it, or it says something illegal happened and closes on itself, or, it automatically shuts down the program and my properties are huge, and I have like, two colours (like the guest before me).

Sorry if my descriptions suck, or if the solution is really obvious.. I'm a seveteen year old girl with no computer smarts whatsoever!

So if you guys can solve my little problem, please explain slowly, ahaha.

you can e-mail me at [BEEEP]@hotmail.com, or just post it here.
Woo donno if someone replied to this or if this is old but I'll reply anyway...

I had the similar problem, if your using d-fend (probably easier then dos box I suggest getting it) might save you some time and trouble.

firstly I highly doubt it would work with vdms I've tried, the box just closes itself or some other mombo jombo crap (I have xp I am prosuming you have the same program if not correct me)

So I recommend d-fend, when you get the program there should be a little icon that looks like a rench in the top left hand side.

click on that, a box will appear.

First Type the name of the file where it ask (the game name)
then locate your game file in the box below it there should be a brows button beside the "game exe"

after browsing for it you need to set a mount, there is a tab for it, its right above profile settings (the section your on) the tab is called mounting.

Click auto create (basically mount c:/) highlight it and click edit

theres a section that will say select drive/cdrom..... click the brows button again and again locate your game file, click ok and okay again to close the box.

Then click run game and wait the game wont start right away and will say some stupid stuff then press enter a few times it should start the game

tip if you dont want the game to freeze press ctrl and f12 untill the skipp frame or whatever it say goes to 6000 + this should stop your game from freezing.

hope that helped LOL

Last edited by arete; 16-02-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: html removed

Old 27-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #203
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I disagree with your recommendation of D-Fend - there were quite a few incidents of people reporting problems with games that "miraculously" vanished when they stopped using D-Fend.
Furthermore, you could always create custom shortcuts with alternate config files for DosBox - something that was augmented in the last version with support for declaring multiple CONF files (you can set a second file which overrides part of the settings of the main one). After you do it the first time it's very straightforward.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #204
teemu

I'm having terrible difficulties with the GUI. It was a pain trying to give the toll to the well dressed guy, I was trying to give the correct item all the time, but for some reason he accepted it only after some 10+ times for no reason. Now I'm having the same problem with the Falcon in the Ice Giant's palace. It just says "That would be completely senseless thing to do" allthough I checked the walkthrough that it's correct thing to do..
Anyone having these same difficulties?

BR, Teemu Salo

Old 04-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #205

can you upload the speech.dat file again? i think it was expired from the sendspace servers.

Old 13-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #206

People, listen, most of you don't bother to read all the forum... I did, most of your questions don't make senese, most of the problems can be solved by reading the instructions of DOSbox and the game instructions at the end of the game page... End of Story

What i really would lie to know and laso many more because every one ignores this particular question...
Why does the this game ending litery STINKs? Why did the US release is different form the UK? why was it different? In company terms... what was it? Artistic diferrences? Or was it theat there is two ending but in one version of the game it only shows the bad ending? the one with the cake.....

Spoiler

PS i am a register user but something monkey happens when i try to make a reply logged in....

Last edited by arete; 16-02-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spoiler added

Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #207

Anyone got the speech.dat file?

Thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #208
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

here

please dont forget to download the cracked exe as well (from a few posts above)
Old 15-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #209
amen

Hi
I'VE GOT THE PROBLEM WITH SOME MOUSE DRIVER
WHENEVAR I START THE GAME, IT SAYS - "ERROR MOUSE DRIVER" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON?

:angry: ANGRY

Old 15-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #210
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Hi
WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOUR POST
WE CAN'T HELP YOU IF YOU DON'T DESCRIBE YOUR COMPUTER AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO RUN THE GAME.
AND TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF PLEASE?

:blink: BLINK