Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-01-2006, 01:23 AM   #11
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Titan, I'll resist the urge to offer spelling and grammar corrections for your statement. ...you cognitively brilliant Swede.

...I jest because I love.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 AM   #12
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Jan 6 2006, 03:23 AM
Titan, I'll resist the urge to offer spelling and grammar corrections for your statement. ...you cognitively brilliant Swede.

...I jest because I love.
... said TheGiantMidgit to the gnome....
Old 06-01-2006, 01:28 AM   #13
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

...oh when will I learn that this screen name does more harm then good?
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 06-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #14
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I ran a red light with a camera for an ambulance 'cause it came up behind me and all lanes were full so it couldn't get through. Didn't see a flash and haven't gotten a fine yet and it was about a month and a half ago.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 06-01-2006, 03:26 AM   #15
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

You are allowed to speed or go against red light, if it's to make room for fire/ambulance/police when they run the blue light, as long as you don't place yourself or anyone else in danger.

going against red light is OK, if you just go out a little to make room, and do so slowly, so cars from the side gets a chanse to stop.

A good friend of mine was "chased" by an ambulance @ 180 km/hr on a 1-file-to-2-file road for a good 7 KM's, before the road came to the point where his lane way epanded into 2. It's a common problem here unfortunally, since it's a cost-effective way for the traffic-deparment to build 3 lanes instead of 4 (3 total, not each direction).
The emergency-services are protesting all the time, since they sometimes get stuck behind a truck that is incapable to speeds over 100km/hr, and can't move. And since the road is seperated by steel-wire, the ambulance can't simply drive past it
Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 AM   #16
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes but how would the camera know I did it for an ambulance?

Would they have gotten a shot of me, the car behind me and the Ambulance going through and just ignored them?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow