Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
Guest_amok
Cool

Nice review. Unfortunately CGA graphics is not my cup of tea. Will give it a go when bored.

Old 30-10-2005, 07:17 AM   #12
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

Probably the most original adventure I've seen (though I'll admit I'm not an adventure fan in general). Would never get past the modern censors, of course, which is another point in its favor The big problem, of course, is guess-the-word syndrome, as well as guessing whether you're supposed to cast Damn or Terror.

To answer your question: No, you cannot always do good, sometimes to survive you have to do evil. (In point of fact, using magic is always evil, but in a lot of cases, you can use it to do enough good that it raises your good bar instead. Even with this, though, there are some times where to survive, you're going to have to do some dirty work.) The way to win, thusly, is to make sure to top up your good bar liberally with good deeds. Just be careful, there's a lot of random encounters that require careful reading.

As to "why can't I win by being pure eeevil?" the answer is: that would be missing the point of the game. This is a game, bottom line, about moral choice and consequences, and playing a casual-killer-for-Satan would be outside that ethos.
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 09-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #13

If you enjoyed anything about the game, check out the books by R.A. MacAvoy:

Damiano
Damiano's Lute
Raphael

Old 10-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
Mousazz
Game freak

**contains some spoilers**

I hate about this game the fact that you MUST take damn and terror, but later on you gain terminus anyway, even though you can't do it at the start. I mean, you can't even cast fire at the fireplace if you don't take damn and terror (if you cast it, satan's flames engulf you). So, I don't see the point about this "moral" thingy, if you have to cast terror to kill half of the enemy army, but you can't run away and save the women by sneaking in quietly. Or you could atleast leave the women in the battle and get Sarah's help. Or cast damn to scare away the army. Or play lute so raphael could help you. OR SOMETHING...:mad: Man do I talk too much . In some aspects this game was good too, but i'm too tired to talk about it.
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz