Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #11
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

LOL Who of age doesn't? Wait, no I can think of a few people who...
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 07-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #12
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I believe abortions can be a good thing.

Having a baby can really ruin one's life. Imagine, a 16 year old girl who gets pregnant, has to drop out of school to look after it, puts extra pressure on HER parents, she gets no education, ends up in a sucky job with a kid, has to pay for kindergarten and maybe school, think that's a great life? Nah.

I mean, Im not saying abortions should be used as birth controll. But "accidents" do happen. And why keep the baby when you can't promise it a good life? Is that the right thing to do?

So honestly, if I were 16, got pregnant (possibly by a guy I hardly know), and I saw that i'd have to quit school to look after it and kinda ruin my life, I'd have an abortion. No question about it.

There ARE "condom-babies" and "pill-babies". You can't blame the parents on getting pregnant.

And pulling out is NOT a good way <_< that's a STUPID way.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 07-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #13
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I knew this one chick in highschool who's genetics were kinda haywire; so even though the combination of certain medications and birthcontrol left her with 1 egg, she still got pregnant... I think she was born with fewer, and the medication was removing them or something. I dated her sister and watched it happen. It was freaky. :eeeeeh:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 07-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #14
Himmler
Trollmaster General

if i were a girl i would cut the baby in halfs if it comes at the wrong time..deh..my mistake..let me fix it
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 07-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well I don't support mass abortion movement...

I think women should have the right to choose abortion, but under conditions, because abortion shouldn't simply become another form of contraception.

I'm strongly agains women missusing their option not to have children, simply they wouldn't have to worry about any other form of contraception (I know of such cases).

But otherwise I'm all for it.

There are cases where I think it's down right criminal not to allow abortion! Let's say a woman was raped - and got pregnent. Would you really force her to keep the child of her rapist?!?!?! That choice should clearly be hers...
But in general I think that there would be less demand for abortion if people would be less sexually active (and I'm not talking only of women, becaue it takes two people of different gender to make babies) and there's big preassure on young girls to prove they're not virgins any more...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 07-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #16
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Sep 7 2005, 11:34 AM
I mean, Im not saying abortions should be used as birth control.
Abortion is birth control in the most literal sense. Most other methods are conception control, aside from the "morning-after pill," which is essentially an abortion in a bottle. So when you say that abortion shouldn't be used as birth control, I have to ask: Exactly how else can it be used?

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin+Sep 7 2005, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Puffin @ Sep 7 2005, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Having a baby can really ruin one's life.[/b]

Agreed. So it would make sense that, if one were really concerned about that, one might refrain from the sort of behavior that could result in a baby. Unfortunately, this is not what society teaches nowadays.

<!--QuoteBegin-Puffin
@Sep 7 2005, 11:34 AM
And pulling out is NOT a good way* that's a STUPID way.[/quote]
I concur.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #17
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Sep 7 2005, 12:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Sep 7 2005, 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>There are cases where I think it's down right criminal not to allow abortion! Let's say a woman was raped - and got pregnent. Would you really force her to keep the child of her rapist?!?!?! That choice should clearly be hers...
[/b]

This is one of very few cases in which I can see the sense in allowing abortion. Still, there are other options, such as adoption. The rape victim would still have to go through a full-term pregnancy in that case, though, which doesn't seem fair.

<!--QuoteBegin-Sebatianos
@Sep 7 2005, 12:50 PM
But in general I think that there would be less demand for abortion if people would be less sexually active (and I'm not talking only of women, becaue it takes two people of different gender to make babies)[/quote]
I agree. And it's nice to see a teacher saying that.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones@Sep 7 2005, 09:14 PM
Abortion is birth control in the most literal sense. Most other methods are conception control, aside from the "morning-after pill," which is essentially an abortion in a bottle. So when you say that abortion shouldn't be used as birth control, I have to ask: Exactly how else can it be used?
Well literary it is just that, but there's a difference between the reasons. One was the rape victaim...
Another reason would be if it turns out that delivering a baby could be leathat to the mother (this happened to the gilr of my brother's, but still decided to go ahead with it). The thing is, that they discovered she has blood problems and there was a high risk she could bleed to death while giving birth.
She didn't know that before - and I think in this case it would also be fully understandable if she had dicided to have an abortion rather then to risk her own life.

I guess some more cases could be found, but they should be an exception - not the rule!

One should not have the oportunity to have an abortion simply to deal away the unwanted side effects of having sex.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 07-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #19
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

But people have sex, and people will continue to have sex.
If people are mature enough to have sex, they should be mature enough to use contraceptions. But like said before, they don't always work.
So you're telling me you believe sex is only for reproducing, and that's the way you look at it?
Ok, that was indeed the "purpose", but things are changed. If it's just to reproduce, why do we enjoy it so much? It doesn't make sense.

So, what if people get unlucky, and get an unwanted baby? Not everybody should be parents, you know. And about abortions; there are hundreds or thousands of children in the third world that need parents. Why add to that number by giving out babies to adoption?
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 07-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Sep 7 2005, 09:37 PM
So you're telling me you believe sex is only for reproducing, and that's the way you look at it?
No, that's not how I look at it. Sex has become a pleasurable activity, where people don't reproduce anymore (especially with homosexual relationship - either male or female).

But there is always a chance that something shouldn't go according to plan - and pregnency happens. Couples should have thought about this in advance - if they haven't they should find a better way to amend the situation then to kill the embrio!

I'm very much agains people owning pets they get bored of as well! People get a pet, but when it become inconvenient they simply get rid off it (either kill it or leave it someplace far away). And it's only animals.
Abortion in this case is not much different - if something then it's just worse, because we're talking about humans. If the coulple really can't have the child - they should give it up for adoption. Or even better - grow up and take the responsibility for the child!

I know it might sound harsh - but you know, no body is forcing you (I'm speaking in general) to have sex - so deal with the consequences.
If you eat too much sweets, you will eventually have to go to the dentist and he'll drill your teeth and it will hurt - there's no easy way out!