Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #11

You can use regular melee, but i use the graphical controls to do so. My question though is this, how do you crawl into the tents? When i hit page down, i can duck, but not move forward.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #12
red_avatar
Administrator

I've been looking for this game everywhere - not this (very) ripped version, but the full game with movies, music, etc. All I can find on ebay is the french version.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 06-08-2005, 11:58 AM   #13
plague
Abandonia nerd

Yarr! This is one those games where you can die if you don't act like paranoiac. I die in about 5 minutes because I always forgot something important.
plague is offline                         Send a private message to plague
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #14
Bubla

It is absolutely necessary that you provide some sort of manual. I remember that there are tons of medicaments later in the game :-) And I was also suffering from malaria and I died when I ran out of chinin and antibiotics... Because I din't know how to treat the disease properly. But it is a very complex game (birds can destroy your eye, food - especially meat may spoil and you can amputate your arm or leg as well :-) What's more, you can fight with knives in "melee mode", but there are also modern weapons.. It's a nice game, worth of a remake !

Old 07-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #15
Dimsey

Agreed with the above poster, most certainly needing a remake of some kind!
I've downloaded the game and while I live, tis great! Which brings me to why I've come out of lurking, has anyone else had luck finding a manual or something to explain what what?
I've searched but putting Deus into google results in page after page of Deus Ex, so I've found squat. A push in the right direction would be very welcome, thanks in advance people. k:
Old 07-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #16
Toxik
Game Wizzard

i think the gameplay of robinsons requiem was better(if you dont count you can kill yourself from 1m slope)
this feels too much like an arcade even on simulation mode
getting grenade launcher from start...almost and so :not_ok:
all i need is RR remake with better graphics
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 07-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #17
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

This game would be awesome if the player controls and graphics were the same as in Blood, don't you think?

When you wanna turn around cause somebodys shooting you or something, he turns at a .3 mph. His reflexes are like molasses.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 07-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #18
Toxik
Game Wizzard

definitely
mouse turning is too fast whist keyboard is too slow
also it seems to me that the character can hold too much
he was totally stuffed with arrows,bleeding with extremely dangerous poisoning from food swalllowed all aspirins,sleep pills and tranquilizers and he still managed to aim sucesfully and kill enemies
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 07-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #19
Videofreak

So what's the deal with water anyway? How do you boil it. Where do you find it?

And is the only way to kill archers, getting them running, cornered so they freak, and then stabbing them? Some reason I can stand in front of them all day and get shot while not stabbing them.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #20
piesforyou

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimsey@Aug 7 2005, 12:21 PM
I've searched but putting Deus into google results in page after page of Deus Ex, so I've found squat. A push in the right direction would be very welcome, thanks in advance people.* k
Just a handy hint, you may know to do this already but what the hey. If you put in something like

Deus -"Deus ex"

then you wouldn't get any sites that mentioned Deus Ex. However there still only seems to be about 2 useful entries, Home of the Underdogs and the PC Zone review. Which is very short.

I agree though, it could DEFINATELY do with a good remake. In fact, the main reason I downloaded this game is because not long ago I played a modern survival game where you are on a desert island. It wasn't as in-depth as Deus, but there were lions and you could make tools and build a tree house and the graphics were pleasing to the eye. You could also grow weed. I can't seem to find this game ANYWHERE though. Any ideas?
piesforyou is offline                         Send a private message to piesforyou