Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

There's no reason to keep on blasting this "hollier than thou" attitude either. Playing by the rules of the matrix and keeping a low profile so the site keeps on working well is one thing, enjoying it is another. Anyway i won't post here anymore, Danny's right, this is closed.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 03-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #12
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Reason I haven't closed it is because I don't like thiefs who think laws don't apply to them.

And also because it is a nice place for all of us serious gamers to vent off steam against people who are only interested in getting games, no matter what.

This site is a museum, not a black market.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #13
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

It's better than that - it's a museum that lets you play with some of the exhibits!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #14
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Shhhh, hehe, he's not even looking to see if we've responded yet, I don't even think he cares!! Lets all sneak away, and maybe even delete this topic entirely, see if he notices
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 03-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru@Aug 3 2005, 11:14 PM
Playing by the rules of the matrix and keeping a low profile so the site keeps on working well is one thing, enjoying it is another.
Without laws there would be only one rule - the survival of the fittest. Do you really want humanity to return to such an animalistic state, where somebody could do prrety much anything he likes to you, simply because that somebody is stronger?

Law are what makes society safer and what helps people not to fear somebody stronger. Those are the fundaments of a civilized society. If one particular law is not popular, that still doesn't mean we can go around it. It means we must apply it, but we can resent it and hope for the law to change (or even try to do whatever we can, to help change it).

You may think that breaking some ESA restriction isn't a big deal, but it's a matter of princip.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #16
adamaster
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Aug 3 2005, 07:52 PM
Well I guess your computer is no longer for sale too...
I don't encourage anyone or anything, but the difference here is- computers of the same model are sold. so you can go and buy your own which will be just like mine. and don't tell me the new stuff is better, Ferari is better than Ford, but fords are still sold quite successefuly, aren't they?

however yes, ESA is the sad reality which keeps games safe from guys like Avatar, and keep prices low for me :bleh:
adamaster is offline                         Send a private message to adamaster
Old 04-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #17
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Why give up our fav games in exchange for a meaningless contract and label such as "ESA protected" or "copyrighted"?
To avoid having ESA contact out provider to shut down the site?

A side question: How long will it be till we'll try applying for ESA giving us the permission again?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 04-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #18
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

We've already contacted LucasArts for hosting privileges of:
  • The Secret of Monkey Island (aka Monkey Island 1)
  • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Loom
  • Day of the Tentacle.
We just have to wait and see
Old 04-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #19

perhaps your right. at least your not to the point of forsaking all downloaders, for example a certain group i will not name who hates all abandonware. the bit about laws i agree with. Anarchy ain't a pretty picture. Also my whole rage over the thing is the fact that wing commander and ultima have been banned by ESA. All i ask is that you contact them because i sent an email to ESA but didn't get anything back. Now don't go holding a grudge ok?

I am sorry for my radical ideals. please forgive me, avatar.
Avatar is offline                         Send a private message to Avatar
Old 04-08-2005, 12:32 PM   #20
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

As ESA was the people telling us to remove the games, I doubt they will give us a go ahead now.

That is why we are going directly to the source, like LucasArts.

We are taking care of it, just relax and play other games. If we get permission to host any games, rest asure that we WILL announce it.