Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #11
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Moved to the approriate part of the forum.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 12-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #12
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by nightwish@Apr 12 2005, 04:01 AM
Cool... I hope the game will have some loyalty to the pen & paper RPG system too.
Um, this isn't gonna be an rpg, nor will it be based off of the call of cthulhu rpg at all. Project ego??
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 13-04-2005, 12:48 AM   #13
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury+Apr 13 2005, 01:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fawfulhasfury @ Apr 13 2005, 01:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nightwish@Apr 12 2005, 04:01 AM
Cool... I hope the game will have some loyalty to the pen & paper RPG system too.
Um, this isn't gonna be an rpg, nor will it be based off of the call of cthulhu rpg at all. Project ego?? [/b][/quote]
Well, since it incorporates a sanity system I would think that it at least has something in common with the rpg. I really hope this aspect of the game is gonna work well.

IIRC you would go instantly insane if you ever actually met Chtulhu in the rpg. Great stuff.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 13-04-2005, 01:03 AM   #14
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yep, and you meet dagon in the game too. :O
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 13-04-2005, 01:39 AM   #15
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Apr 13 2005, 03:03 AM
Yep, and you meet dagon in the game too. :O
Really? I saw a screenshot of what looked like Cthulhu, but I guess Dagon might be in the game as well. I wonder how the game will end. I really hope you don't get to kill any of the great old ones. It's not uncommon for Lovecrafts main characters to either die horribly or go insane, and it would be kind of funny if the game ended that way. I, for one, would absolutely love that.

Here's the screenshot I saw:

(just kidding)

*edit*

I forgot to say that it seems to me that this game is at least somewhat inspired by The Shadow Over Innsmouth. A movie was made a couple of years ago, inspired by that novel as well. It's called Dagon, and is one of the best Lovecraft movies I've seen (not that that's saying a lot).
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 13-04-2005, 01:58 AM   #16
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

That thing that looked like cthulhu was dagon. Also, a shoggoth will appear in the game. The bosses won't be taken down by normal weapons, you'll need to use your brain to outwit them.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:39 AM   #17
Lord_Scather
Forum hobbit

Yeah! I want Cthulhu! played the Pen&Paper for years!

Quote from a session:

"No way, dude. That M16 isn't going to help you with those Creatures. You try anyway?<rolls dice>
The bullets impact on the Byhakees like a rainstorm, but you only managed to take out one and make the rest angry.......they come over you and tease you till you go mad...sanity roll, plz <rolls dice> you loose three permanent sanity points... thehe....and it seems you got a phobia from flying creatures...by the way...what did you call your pet bird??"

(We tuned the game to a 2000 AD setting)

If the game will be as awesome as they all suggest, I'm def'tely in for it!

But, I am somewhat filled with skepsis.....
Because in Cthulhu, you normally cannot defeat ANY Myth-Creature by force (unless you had VERY special weapons or Artifacts).....so I think it might be somewhat overrated (the Computer Game, that is)

(What we really need is a Calvin & Hobbes game)
Lord_Scather is offline                         Send a private message to Lord_Scather