Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-03-2005, 01:12 PM   #11
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Or a rewind button, that'd be useful sometimes.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 30-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #12
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, definitely, a do-over button for reallife. What wouldn't we all give for one of those.

Morrowind is the closest thing I can think of to what you want, and you've already noted it. I should add that if you get the PC version, you can include so many quest mods that gameplay time exceeds 300 hours, and you have task options out the wazoo. Nothing else comes close, because nothing else supports quite so many mods (up to 255) at the same time.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 30-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #13
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Heard good things about Anachronox, never tried it though, always wanted to.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 30-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #14
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well if you want monsters and dungeons, you could try TES I: Arena (available here on the site, reviewed by yours truly) or TES II: Daggerfall which has more advanced dungeons.
Old 30-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #15
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Two words = Planescape : Torment

Other good games include : Morrowind and Deus Ex. That's a good game.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 30-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #16
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Mar 30 2005, 09:06 PM
Two words = Planescape : Torment

Other good games include : Morrowind and Deus Ex. That's a good game.
Kinda pointless to recommend Morrowind, when he said right away that it was not what he's looking for. Same goes for PS:T, I doubt it will satisfy him when he's looking for a single player Everquest.

Maybe there are some mods for Neverwinter Nights that are more hack & slash/item farming, though I can't say really.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 30-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #17
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Hmmm.You should really think about Daggerfall: You can buy boat/house,you can do subqests,you even dont have to do main quest. You can get disease and play this game as Werewolf,Wereboar or Were(something I forgot what that is) or as Vampire. And they have they own special abilities and even clans...
BUT-this game is full of bugs, and it is quite generic, and it can become also quite boring becouse of it.
The Morrowind was just flawed copy of Daggerfall.Against Daggerfall it excells just in graphics and mods....
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 31-03-2005, 04:24 AM   #18
Rorture
Forum hobbit

I've got Morrowind and Dues ex.

I liked Morrowind, but I thought that it had less flexibility than daggerfall, even though it had better graphic and a better fighting system. Dues ex - I thought the game was brilliant, but more of an adventure game.

Has anyone played Knights of the old republic? My mate has it on his X-Box and I got to see the beginning. It looked sweet.

On Morrowind, however, I have heard of a mod that will allow the player to travel the entire expanse of Tameriel (The fictional land where the gme is set). And there's also Elder Scrolls IV on the horizon. Maybe with the fourth installment, Bestheda will take into account what they cut out from morrowind and insert more features from daggerfall.

By the way, I heard that Bestheda has bought the rights to the Fallout franscise. This can only be cool.
Rorture is offline                         Send a private message to Rorture
Old 31-03-2005, 04:35 AM   #19
Rugz

Thanks guys, i will try out some of the game you guys mentioned.
Though i have played most of them already i will still give the ones that i havent played, a try.

I found that diablo 2 was quite close to open end RPG in the sense that you would play it after completing it for getting better items, character development took a while ( i reached level 93 ) and you could do bosses over and over again for better items.
What it lacked was content. there were total of 5 chapters and 5 bosses in total and you have to do them over and over again. Used to get boring after a while unless you are aiming on developing your character.

I played Nwn and it was linear i.e you cant get a highend armor/weapon at start no matter wat you do. I mean atleast give the player a chance maybe put a tough monster in jungle and if player can kill it coz of his skill etc you reward him by giving him a good weapon. However that might imbalance the game.

Hoping that some game will be made in near future that fulfills our requirements =)

Rugz is offline                         Send a private message to Rugz
Old 31-03-2005, 04:47 AM   #20
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Rugz@Mar 30 2005, 08:25 PM
Though from reviews etc it looked like everquest yet actually it was very boring. It was huge and it took hell lot of time to travel in it and with no clue where to go it took hours just stumbling around (considering EQ is 10 times it size yet it takes 5-10 min to get to most places at max).
I didnt find any fascinating loot in game either something that would crave me to explore the game.
Well It doesn't take too long to get to places, I never got bored when I was travelling from place to place, and I never got lost.

But then again I never finished it.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow