Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Yes, this is now brought up many times. Many people mention the break of protocol. Others recall accidents and problems occuring 2 years ago (Georgia crisis), when the pilot of presidential plane was coerced to land, while he said it was dangerous. Oh the irony, our comedians turned that into a sketch in which the plane ultimately crashes (well, not surprised, as the president was a very controversial figure, often displaying cases of megalomania, always taking an offense at the slightest pretext - like when the prime minister said "Kaczyński brothers": what's so offensive here? - etc.). Or how about the president and prime minister arguing about who should fly on the gov. plane to EU summit... After so many pathetic incidents (ridiculed by satirists) which happened in the near past (like the president boasting himself as a hero after hearing a nearby salvo during the Georgian crisis) I was shocked for this crash to be real. It sounded just as another mean political joke.

Let's face it: politicians are seldom loved and not many of them are true statesmen (I would bitterly comment that our last great leader died in 1935, but I guess that's quite unfair). I'm more saddened by the grief of their families. Even a meanest bastard is sometimes somebody's dad or grandpa... they left widows and orphans.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS