Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I have two last suggestions for you.

First, try copying your ascend folder to a new folder solely for the sake of mounting your cd drive.

Second, you might consider simply using VDMSound instead of trying to run Ascend in DOSBox. I personnaly never ran Ascendancy in DOSBox, VDMSound works way fine.
Old 28-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #12
weavka32

Is VDMSound for the music or for the game? When I install the game I always select no sound. I did try to make a folder just for Ascendacy. This is frustrating becuase I had it working last year but I lost the written mounting codes and my computer crashed so I lost the saved copy of the written mounting code. It used to only take two or three lines of codes to get it to start.
weavka32 is offline                         Send a private message to weavka32
Old 28-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #13
weavka32

I got it working, all I had to do was mount my cdrom drive as e e:\ -t cdrom not d or c e:\ -t cdrom
weavka32 is offline                         Send a private message to weavka32
Old 28-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #14
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

VDMSound is a program which emulate the Soundblaster setting, much like DOSBox does for sound. The reason why most DOS games don't work right away is that the sound input is not compatible with the default Windows operating system. And that, even if you don't use the sound at all.

VDMSound fix that. But it won't fix the speed problems and whatnot, which is why you still keep DOSBox around.
Closed Thread