Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donners @ Jul 19 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]300340[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've got the same illegal read/write problem. Different sound configurations don't seem to make a difference.
[/b]
exactly, and I have a real soundblaster in my pc, but that didn’t do anything. And then I tried another sound configuration. And it still made that error.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 29-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 20-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

hmm i dont know where there can be problem, but i can send you my settings which worked (with dosbox 0.65)

sound blaster 16
SB address 220
interrupt 7
dma 1

by the way did you try to disable sounds compeltely and see what happens?

and what are your pc specs and version of dosbox?
Old 20-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 20 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]300535[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hmm i dont know where there can be problem, but i can send you my settings which worked (with dosbox 0.65)

sound blaster 16
SB address 220
interrupt 7
dma 1

by the way did you try to disable sounds compeltely and see what happens?

and what are your pc specs and version of dosbox?
[/b]
the disabling of sound didn´t do anything(I tried that before you even asked). My specs are as follows AMD Athlon 1700+ 1.30 ghz 512 MB ram, and arseload of harddrive space. And I use dosbox 0.70 and a soundblaster Audigy. So I have no idea, what is the reason why it can’t be run.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 29-08-2011 at 05:41 PM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 21-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #14
Donners

I'm using a Core 2 Duo 6300 with 2GB RAM and SoundMAX Digital Audio, which is quite different to the above specifications, but with the same result.

I am also using DOSBox .70, though.
Donners is offline                         Send a private message to Donners
Old 21-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #15
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
all those with read/write error[/b]
so i tested it and it seems that the game NEEDS to be in a directory called PP. it doesnt matter what are other directories above the "PP" (which is kinda wierd in my opinion) but all the game files need to be in a subdir called "pp"

can 'enlightened sebastianos' add this to technical notes about the game please?
Old 21-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
Zenith

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 21 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]300629[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
so i tested it and it seems that the game NEEDS to be in a directory called PP. it doesnt matter what are other directories above the "PP" (which is kinda wierd in my opinion) but all the game files need to be in a subdir called "pp"

can 'enlightened sebastianos' add this to technical notes about the game please?
[/b]
No! If you want to run the game from DOSBox, mount the one directory BEFORE the game directory (like: you've got the game in c:\games\psychop -> mount c c:\games), then go to the game directory from mounted directory (ex.: c: -> cd psychop). It works with any name of the game directory (so you don't need to have the game in "PP" as r.u.s.s. said).

Other option it still Sega MegaDrive/Genesis emulator (like Kega Fusion) and game ROM, it has less colours but better effects.

Enjoy the game!

Old 21-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

OH! it seems i always mounted PP testing directory as a subdirectory and others as pure drive. thanks!
Old 21-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #18
Zenith

I gave the game a short test and I must say the Mega Drive version is better, the graphics really has less colours but the design (I don't know what other term to use) is stronger. Music tunes are the same but with much better sounds in higher quality. And one recommandation to the end: select low resolution in the menu, then you have the correct display aspect ratio (maybe some editing of DOSBox configuration would also help).

I don't know if I can write the adress here for the Mega Drive version (as it doesn't have to abandonware), so in the case moderators please delete it: www.planetemu.net (in French). Kega Fusion emulator is also available here, but I don't know if in the last version.

Old 21-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #19
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zenith @ Jul 21 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]300648[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 21 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]300629[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
No! If you want to run the game from DOSBox, mount the one directory BEFORE the game directory (like: you've got the game in c:\games\psychop -> mount c c:\games), then go to the game directory from mounted directory (ex.: c: -> cd psychop). It works with any name of the game directory (so you don't need to have the game in "PP" as r.u.s.s. said).

Other option it still Sega MegaDrive/Genesis emulator (like Kega Fusion) and game ROM, it has less colours but better effects.

Enjoy the game!
[/b][/quote]

Could I get that in plain simple cardboard English ? or somebody be friendly, and tell me it in Danish. Since this made almost curse, when I mounted PP(where PsychoPinball was) as directory, instead of my dosgames directory. And if I mounted that directory, and then I mounted the main dosgames directory. And the only thing I could get when I wrote dir, was the dosbox directory. So someone please explain it to me like I was a 6 year old, who only understood basic English, and spoke Danish like a native.

Sorry, but it doesn’t make any sense. Shall I write that big mount command in the dosbox window, instead of in the dosbox config ?

Anyway , I am not going to play the emulated version yet.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 29-08-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 21-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #20

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WolverineDK @ Jul 21 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]300687[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zenith @ Jul 21 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]300648[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 21 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]300629[/snapback]
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

Enjoy the game!
[/b][/quote]

Could I get that in plain simple cardboard English ? or somebody be friendly, and tell me it in Danish. Since this made almost curse, when I mounted PP(where PsychoPinball was) as directory, instead of my dosgames directory. And if I mounted that directory, and then I mounted the main dosgames directory. And the only thing I could get when I wrote dir, was the dosbox directory. So someone please explain it to me like I was a 6 year old, who only understood basic English, and spoke Danish like a native.

Sorry, but it doesn´t make any sense. Shall I write that big mount command in the dosbox window, instead of in the dosbox config ?

Anyway , I am not going to play the emulated version yet.
[/b][/quote]

I think I wrote it quite understandable, but simple: (for example you have the game in c:\games\psycho)

1) run DOSBox
2) mount c c:\games
3) c:
4) cd psycho

then setup soundcard and run the game. Is it OK?