Old 27-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #11
win98
In the loop on hardware.

wow punch i did not know that i am impressed
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 27-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #12
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well this may all be old and known, but it proves that Blood-Piggy and Punch999 are really trying to get the updater position. k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #13
punch999
The true Shadow President

Actually I have been working on this forever I just restarted working on it and starting the topic today
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 27-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #14
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Sep 27 2005, 02:32 AM
Well this may all be old and known, but it proves that Blood-Piggy and Punch999 are really trying to get the updater position. k:
What? I just wanted to write.
I'm addicted to writing, I crumple it up, shove it in a needle, then inject it into my blood stream... mmm...

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 28-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #15
punch999
The true Shadow President

I wonder if it needs a Teh ESA 4re teh stupd section

To answer when people say stuff anti esa like
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 31-10-2005, 04:15 AM   #16
plix
Game freak

Sorry to bump this topic, but I'm not a frequent visitor around here and I thought some issues with this needed to be addressed.

First of all, the Wikipedia definition of Abandonware is somewhat flawed, and that article on the whole is a complete mess.

Secondly, abandonware is not legal. Period. Unless you live in a country that isn't a Berne Convention Signatory it's illegal where you live, too.

Thirdly, oldwarez is easy to distinguish: it's "old" games which are still being sold.

A FAQ I wrote with a few others some years ago is a good jumping-off point for a document such as this. That FAQ traces it's roots back to the original Abandonware FAQ and is far more authoritative than Wikipedia. I like Abandonia a lot, and I think it's great that it has such a vibrant community, but Abandonware is not a new idea and I've noticed some major confusion about it over here from a few different people recently.
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix
Old 31-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #17
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

We never said it was legal. :bleh:

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 31-10-2005, 03:31 PM   #18
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think he was referring to the somewhat woolly phrasing of
Quote:
Abandonware, is in fact, not legal. We define it as “illegal” but the reality floats somewhere in-between.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 01-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #19
caseman
Lurker

legal whats legal? if my lawyer says its illegal, i get a different lawyer!! or i make my actions acceptable by writing an article on various games or emulators or do research for a paper or book... that is cya...cover your arse. we are in a grey area that is not very actionable by copyright holders, unlike the p2p music downloads. tough to prosecute on grounds that you may have had original but it is lost or stolen or sold it ,and forgot to erase the download etc etc. with 3 lawyers in the fam its easy to see all the loopholes in the law. just wondering which countries not covered by berne convention?......... i know, way off topic....... guide good.
caseman is offline                         Send a private message to caseman
Old 01-11-2005, 07:18 AM   #20
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
legal whats legal? if my lawyer says its illegal, i get a different lawyer!!* or i make my actions acceptable by writing an article on various games or emulators or do research for a paper or book... that is cya...cover your arse. we are in a grey area that is not very actionable by copyright holders, unlike the p2p music downloads. tough to prosecute on grounds that you may have had original but it is lost or stolen or sold it ,and forgot to erase the download etc etc. with 3 lawyers in the fam its easy to see all the loopholes in the law. just wondering which countries not covered by berne convention?......... i know, way off topic.......* guide good.
That's the wrong sort of attitude, I'm afraid. It's not a lawyer who says it's illegal, it's copyright law. So are you going to get yourself a different law, then? And just because something's not actionable or rarely enforced, that does NOT make it legal.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles