Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #11
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I really missed that one too. I remember how I loved naming the Everglades - my little gator-pool and stuff like that...
They ruined a great classic...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 03-12-2004, 04:05 PM   #12
TaloN
Hero Gamer

such a classic. i jsut remember awlking into a huge village and slaughtering hundreds of them, before returning to my base camp and being nie on wiped out by surrounding tribes in revenge LOL
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 22-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #13
Jonny Blaze

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_captivus@Nov 27 2004, 10:37 PM
Hey 0 how am I supposed to build colonies?? Or mine? And what are priests for??

PS.
For unknown reasons I cant open the manual so please don't tell me to look for info in it
I think the some of the fun of playing these older games is figuring out how to play them without the manuals that would probably explain these things. Obviously, Some games are just too complicated for that. 7 Cities is not. Here's a hint in regards to your question: You have probably figured out that "dropping" a person it creates a camp. If you want to create other things you have to work on numbers and combinations...

Old 27-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #14
Makinus

I figured out that 40 soldiers make a Fort and 10 (or 20, i donīt remember well) Clergy make a Mission, but my question is, what are the advatages of a Fort and/or a Mission? What they do, exactly?

I believe that with some big number of people it will become a colony, but what are the advantage of it? I stiil have to keep it supplied with food (at least the Fort and Mission do)?

Old 02-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #15
sopas

simple question. How the hell do I find the land? I spend a lot of time in the sea sailing east until it says: "you must turn back or face mutiny!!!!!!!"

Old 03-03-2005, 03:14 AM   #16
sopas

Hi again.

When trying to find the new world coast I can not pass of:

48 North Longitude
52 South Longitude
125 West Latitude

Any hints as to how to reach the new world???

Old 03-03-2005, 04:10 AM   #17
Sopas

Quote:
Originally posted by sopas@Mar 3 2005, 04:14 AM
Hi again.

When trying to find the new world coast I can not pass of:

48 North Longitude
52 South Longitude
125 West Latitude

Any hints as to how to reach the new world???
I just noticed that it only happens in the historical game option. When I play customized map I can reach the new world. Any reson for this????

Old 06-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #18
atteSmythe

Hey, mates, some quick observations:

- The game runs great under Windows XP SP2
- If you change the command line options (or edit 7cog.bat), you can get some limited sound (Windows XP runs legacy soundblaster support for dos-mode programs). The command line should read:
Code:
7cities.exe -s -i5 -p220
- No freezing or crashing so far on my XP SP2 install, not running any emulators
- As mentioned above, ctrl is their enter/use key. alt will repeat the last item chosen from a menu, so you don't have to keep hitting ctrl twice to talk to native guides, for example.

Enjoy!

Old 20-03-2005, 11:56 PM   #19
Felipe

Quote:
Originally posted by sopas@Mar 3 2005, 12:59 AM
simple question. How the hell do I find the land? I spend a lot of time in the sea sailing east until it says: "you must turn back or face mutiny!!!!!!!"
Just use the left button. Donīt change the course going eather south or north and you will reach an island.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #20
kazamidori

ok..i know i'm going to get hated for this..but..how the heck do i save my game?
heh..

i keep looking for the pub..but..heck..i'm not seeing it.... then i thought the log book might be the magic secret..but..

..*L* i'm not the swiftest player out there, you should have seen how long it took to figure out you have to put all your food back -then- your explorer..

ah..ot..i love this site! hoping to get a donation in soon-ish,..wont be much since it's on exchange rate..but...

its awesome to find games i remember getting when they were new (riders of rohan sticks out sine i could never get better than marginal victory..geh..*L*), or even playing some games when sounds cards were around.. ooh.. civ with non pcspeaker sound..the excitement..

anywhoo....

please, please don't kick my arse too hard.. but.... i'm so anal retentive about saving my game while playing.