Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah those games bring back classic memories for me too, loved playing them even to this day, but yeah I enjoyed SimCity 3000 a lot more than 2000 for example.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 29-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

How about "The Sims"
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 30-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #13
Sauvastika

I only Sim-games I have are The Sims (w/o expos), and SimCity 3000 lying around.

I never got far in either game since doing chores and scheduling the day just perfectly for my Sims got too tedious and I couldn't get my water pipes to work right in SimCity 3000, and everytime I figured out how to work it, I'd leave the game for a week and forget again.

I'm gotta dig those up and replay them, once I free up some space on my HD.
Sauvastika is offline                         Send a private message to Sauvastika
Old 30-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #14
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

It looks like you guys are obsessed with Sims! I just joined and I have practically every sim game ever made except for the stupid stuff like simhealth, simfarm and simgolf. Thats about it. I would have uploaded them all to this site, but i just found out that maxis is protected. My favorite would be Simcity 4. The graphics rock and the excitement never ends. I could play that game forever! :Brain: :Brain:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 30-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #15
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Oh yeah I'm a fan of the Sims series, really played that game a lot when the first game came out, like a lot honestly, not so much anymore because it takes up a lot of space on my comp and it slows it down immensely when playing, but still fun memories.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 30-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #16
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

SC classic has a very fond place in my memory. SC2000, too by the way. And SC 3000, SC 4, SimFarm, SimIsle, SimCopter, SimTower, SimEarth and SimAnt.
And, in a lesser degree, The Sims (it was fun untill it became Maxis' milk-cow :not_ok: ).
Sim games, currently in my (legal ) possesion: SC 2000, SimCopter, SimFarm, SimTower, SimEarth, SimIsle, The Sims (the first, no expansions ).

Pfew... Yes, I like sim games LOL
Old 30-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #17
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I agree with you. The sims was really cool in the beginning, and I do have four expansion packs and the sims 2, but I quit playing the first one after a while, and i absolutely hate sims 2 (I got it for christmas from my aunt LOL )

Anyway I have simisle, but I never really took the time to get how it worked. Simcopter was really fun for about three months, but the cheap graphics got old (I made an awesome Minas Tirith for it, really great to fly around)
Simtunes: bleh.
All the Simcities: boring until SC4 came out
Simtower: great for about half and hour
Everything else: eh
Another one of my favorites: Simsafari (that ones an oldie)

Lets raise a glass to Maxis!
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 30-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Simfarm was actually a great game. Fun for a while.

In SC2000 I just played until I got bred with a city somwhere in 2500 time period, with 1,5 MILLION population (and this already taken into account expanding the shores and altering the riverbed). Any more and it would blow.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-05-2005, 04:52 PM   #19
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

I actually played a city from the year 2000, to well over the year 3200...
I really liked to just watch my city. LOL
I never achieved that population, though, as I never liked arcologies (which I assume you used). I did fill up the ocean and all, though.

1.5 Million, nice, very nice k:
Old 30-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #20
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I agree. Arcos to me seem too much like cheating. My cities were all pretty average; I got bored real quick of sitting and watching my money go down the drain LOL