Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #181
squizzz

Congratulations to everyone who participated!

7th place ex equo is not bad, could be better though...
squizzz is offline                         Send a private message to squizzz
Old 20-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #182
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

I count 6+5+9+8+6+10+2+6+6+9=67 (according to the scoreboard I have 12 points regarding SET 6 which gave max 11 points :blink: ) for me, but that's not important and probably based on my PMing problems (e.g. I just saw that one PM came back - "This message was sent to Luchsen" :blink: ). Splendid choice of screenshots/games and an entertaining contest! Can't wait until the next one!

P.S. Already played three games which had interested me.
Old 20-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #183
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luchsen @ Oct 20 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]262549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I count 6+5+9+8+6+10+2+6+6+9=67 (according to the scoreboard I have 12 points regarding SET 6 which gave max 11 points :blink: ) for me, but that's not important and probably based on my PMing problems (e.g. I just saw that one PM came back - "This message was sent to Luchsen" :blink: ). Splendid choice of screenshots/games and an entertaining contest! Can't wait until the next one!

P.S. Already played three games which had interested me.
[/b]
It's why I asked Kosta from time to time if he got all my answers so far - to avoid running into surprises at the end when turns out he didn't get a set.

I'll start working on the contest tonight but I'll leave some time before posting it . I still have to find some cool prizes to give away - I have lots of older games and even some rarer ones twice (like System Shock). I doubt there will be an ipod though ;-)

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 20-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #184
mctooth
Lurker

congrats to everyone.
i had fun trying to remember lots of these games, but i think i had to look up most :wallbash:
great contest!
mctooth is offline                         Send a private message to mctooth
Old 20-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #185
bryceowen
Lurker

I _KNEW_ it! I sent a PM in response to sets 8, 9, and 10 and the stupid message board ATE IT!!! I was suspicious when I didn't see it in my 'sent' folder, but I didn't want to send it multiple times! That's at least THREE points I would have had!

Correction, FIVE points!!! Stupid message board...
bryceowen is offline                         Send a private message to bryceowen
Old 20-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #186
kajlena

Send a message via AIM to kajlena

congratulation red avatar
we all thought you were an arse
and it turns out you actually are the best...
kajlena is offline                         Send a private message to kajlena
Old 20-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #187
Overseer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Oct 20 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]262555[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have lots of older games and even some rarer ones twice (like System Shock). I doubt there will be an ipod though ;-)
[/b]
don't worry, system shock will be more than ennough for me k:
Overseer is offline                         Send a private message to Overseer
Old 20-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #188
OldGameNerd
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Oct 20 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]262555[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

It's why I asked Kosta from time to time if he got all my answers so far - to avoid running into surprises at the end when turns out he didn't get a set.

I'll start working on the contest tonight but I'll leave some time before posting it . I still have to find some cool prizes to give away - I have lots of older games and even some rarer ones twice (like System Shock). I doubt there will be an ipod though ;-)
[/b]

You could always give away the iPod you just won!!! (By the way - I'd be happy to trade my game for it! Only 2 points - ARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!)
OldGameNerd is offline                         Send a private message to OldGameNerd
Old 20-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #189
red_avatar
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OldGameNerd @ Oct 20 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]262581[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(red_avatar @ Oct 20 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]262555[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

You could always give away the iPod you just won!!! (By the way - I'd be happy to trade my game for it! Only 2 points - ARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!)
[/b][/quote]

Haha sorry - but then again, I lost a few points because I hadn't dared guess Homeworld despite being nearly sure of that game and because Highway Hunter was not counted as the right answer despite Highway Hunter and Highway Fighter being virtually the same game :P

EDIT: Oh, and lots of thanks to the folks at PCGamer Forum and the DOSBOX crew and guys hanging out on IRC for helping me with some of the answers Saved me a lot of time which I didn't always have.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 20-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #190
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Man, I don't know wether you lot should play less games or if I should have played more Congratulations to the winners.

Oh, maybe the winners should have their name on some High Score list like they have on the real old games like the archade games? you know: Really pixelated graphics with lots and lots of flashing colours