Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #181

Does taking on a career actually change the outcome of the game or is it just a way of raising cash and stats?
Also on several occasions Ive signed up with cartographers and then forgotten which one I signed with. Is there no way of telling?

Old 31-07-2006, 04:26 PM   #182
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

The career you take on will change the "scores" (adventure, trading, pirating) you get, which will influence how fast the game advances because sometimes the trigger for a next step in the game is that your score in adventure/trading/pirating reaches a certain level.

Don't the other cartographers tell you that you already have a contract with a different cartographer when you try to sign a contract with them?
Old 31-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #183

Erm I dont recall they did. I went in and had the option to 'learn skills' and so I agreed, for the second time Im sure. I made a point of signing up to one before I went off to look for new lands, Im sure I did. Unless it was a celestrial navigation contract I had, if there is such a thing. (?)

Old 31-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #184

Actually I may have solve my dilema. I think when I visted the last cartographer he may have questioned me I think I assumed it was the king of Spain's contract he was referring to. The king asks you at some stage to discover new things for him. Is there anyway to tell which contract you have and with who?

Old 03-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #185

Um im in a pickle with Ali I am a knight with nothing to do, i see the next stage is to find Jeno and help him but i cant find him. also i keep getting from the intambul dock master that their is a weapon in massawa i went there and found a locked huge building.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #186
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

*Spoiler*

www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/Koei.games/uncharted.waters.2.1.html is one of the sites that host a walkthrough for each character, hope this can help you out...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #187

no im in betweeen the places.

the sultan wont give me favors, ladia wont meet Jaoh, and i cant find the wepon the port master talks bout in massawa

i havt 10235 merchant fame, im a knight and lost.

im also ali

HELP

Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #188
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I remember being stuck in the same situation.

Try allying with lots of ports, I seem to remember that worked for me; at a certain point people will start complaining to you about the increasing power of the Turkish empire and that's when the story goes forward again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 6 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]247051[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
no im in betweeen the places.

the sultan wont give me favors, ladia wont meet Jaoh, and i cant find the wepon the port master talks bout in massawa
[/b]
Old 07-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #189

i keep on getting killed by British and portuguese trade fleets as im talking over Africa with those two always hunting me.

also when do i meet the italian adventurer that i gave 10000 gold to

Old 08-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #190
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

What fleet do you currently have, how much cash do you have on hand?
Also, if you don't have the gold yet for a decent fleet and/or great armor and sword, keep trading on safe lines until you have acquired enough wealth.

Either go for a light, very fast fleet (speed of slowest ship at least 18 knots) and keep on the lookout for any enemy fleets,
or go for a well armed fleet,
or third option: buy some of the most expensive armor and sword, have a lot of crew on your flagship, then challenge the enemy captain to a duel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 7 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]247230[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i keep on getting killed by British and portuguese trade fleets as im talking over Africa with those two always hunting me.

also when do i meet the italian adventurer that i gave 10000 gold to
[/b]