Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-03-2007, 05:11 AM   #171

I've almost made this game run using dosbox and the advice of everyone here (thanks btw). But now it says that I'm missing the file malc_000.sav. Any ideas?

Old 14-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #172
Guest_Scariman_*

I've just downloaded LOK 3 and it runs just fine(OS WIN98se) but ti runs so fast i can't read the text when characters talk. Is there a fix for this?

Old 15-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #173
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Try to turn the speech voice meter in zero. That worked in Hand of Fate.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 27-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #174
Nicolien

I've tried everything all of you discussed in the previous sections, and I still cannot get this game to work! I downloaded DosBox and followed the tutorial. I even installed VDMSound, but there are files missing from the download, so it doesn't want to work. I work on WinXP Sp 2. I keep getting the message "Not ready reading drive D". Please help!

Old 27-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #175
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Your problem description is insufficient for us to provide a proper answer.

Post a more detailed description of your problem including any and all error messages you encountered.

Also, describe where exactly did you unpack the games and what commands have you entered in DosBox (exact syntax, please; it's important).

If you have made any modifications to your DosBox.conf, please post a copy of its contents.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #176
Nicolien

I decided to download the whole game (113Mb) from www.classic-pc-games.com. I installed the game by extracting the files and then it installed in a directory it created c:\Westwood. When I click on the Setup.exe file it asks whether it should detect possible sound drivers and I click OK. After a while it gives me a list and I choose Sound Blaster. Then it gives me the message "About to benchmark video system". It open VQSetup in DOS and then it either can't find benchmark files or nothing happens.

I think the only way any of you can help me is to take me step by step through the process of setting DOSBox up to play this game. Please I am begging!

Old 28-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #177
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You should run both the game AND its setup in DosBox. From what you're telling me, you tried to do that in Windows.

As for DosBox, read this.
I'm writing a newer guide, a copy of which may be found here. It may explain some things easier.

PS. Soundcard configuration in DosBox should be: Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220h.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #178

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kermit @ Jan 5 2005, 03:40 PM) [snapback]46745[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
@ PicassoSinatra
I had the same problem. Have you tried to use the cdemu2.com file?
just type "cdemu2 [any drive letter]:" and it should work then by starting the "main" file. I made a file called Kyrandia.bat with
"cdemu2 i:
main"
in it.

Hope to helped you!
[/b]
Brilliant a top tip! Perhaps this should be added to the file as a README.TXT
Linda

Old 28-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #179
Jishuku

Hey. Just wanted to mention that I recently uploaded a full 569MB version of Kyrandia 3 (ISO, from my original cd) to TPB. (you who use bittorrent should know what that is, i won't give the url because i don't know if it's allowed)

It has movies, sounds, music, all of it. Cheers.
Jishuku is offline                         Send a private message to Jishuku
Old 28-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #180
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
i won't give the url because i don't know if it's allowed[/b]
It's not, because of the very illegal nature of most content on there.

We have a different way of sharing ISOs with other users, called "ISO Cellar". You'll see it when you have 20 posts.

-- Reed Richards