Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2005, 10:31 PM   #161
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Sep 22 2005, 10:19 PM
Read carefully what i said before posting.
I read VERY carefully.
Quote:
Well, sure she's gonna go through pregnancy if i want the baby.
Not really much open for interpretation there...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 23-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #162
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, one wants the baby and other don't, i guess that life should prevail.

She don't have the right to terminate it just like that.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 23-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #163
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Actually, until science allows for you to carry the baby that you seem to want so badly in your body for nine months, she should have the right to choose.

Let's say she has a bigger say in the matter than you do due to the fact that all you did to be a part of the whole process was experience a few minutes of pleasure. While, if she is in a committed relationship with you, and is sure the child is a product of your union, she should most definitely hear you out, it is her body that has to go through all the pain, and ultimately, her responsibility to deal with the child-rearing process.

And quite frankly, if you don't support her decision, whatever that may be, and however you may feel, she's probably dating the wrong guy.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 23-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #164
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Sep 22 2005, 09:19 PM
And Puffin, i can't say that baby is mistake, that someone get stuck with it or so. If father wants a baby, give it to him. If you don't want a baby nor father, give it for adoption.
I already said, children are waiting in lines for being taken up to adoptions. There are too many children waiting, feeling miserable, why add to that list?
I don't know how things work outside of Iceland, but the system for children without family here in Iceland sucks.

Here there are something we call "temporary families". They're families who want to help, but don't want to take the kid permanently. So children who can't find permanent families are sent between those temporary families. Some children spend their whole life with those families, one year or less with each family, untill they're 18. Is that a good life?
"Oh, now it's June. Time to find another family! Tata!"
The kid can't feel "at hom" if it's sent to and fro families. Life like that MUST suck.

So, there's a 13 year old kid, that has only had temporary families his whole life, you're telling me he won't be bullied for that at school? His birthday party is at a different place with a different family each year?

Adoption is NOT the best choise for the children. At least not in every societies.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 23-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #165
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Indeed. My mother had me when she was only 18 and she's only just starting uni again a couple of weeks from now (Electrical Engineering if you must know, she wants to save the world with various types of renewable energy). If she had waited a few years then maybe she'd have got a great job as well as a husband and child.

Also, sex education does not stop unwanted pregenancies sadly. There are just a group of people who sleep around (male and female) and these people are amazingly suprised when they have to have a family at the age of sixteen. The father then usually spends the rest of his shitty life saying nothing but 'do you want chips with that' for several years before he breaks up with this young woman and she can't do anything about it. That's not right at all in my opinion.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 24-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #166
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It is horrible for me to say that she has to carry it and that she will be in pain. It is option between a baby and avoiding the pain. No matter how much it is painful, it is a child we're talking about. How come that pain is more important than a new life?

And if there are many children waiting for adoption and have crapy life, they STILL GOT LIFE. How come that death is better? Why don't every single man in the world commite a suicide because he's feeling unhappy? Wasn't he supposed to fight hard so it gets a little bit better, and so on generation after generation? What do you think? That it was easy for human race to achive this state of civiliation? No matter how the world is unhappy, today we got some sort of freedom in big part of the world.

I know that we shouldn't add more childern in the line, but if baby is already made, (if she is already pregnant) that adoption is better than abortion.

After all, who gave us the right to decide what is better for him/her?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 24-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #167
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Sep 24 2005, 04:41 PM
After all, who gave us the right to decide what is better for him/her?
Well, aren't you as well trying to decide instead of the unborn life itself? What makes you "better" than us in this regard? Try to think about that.
Quote:
How come that pain is more important than a new life?
Hell yeah, I never thougt about it this way. I mean, even if she dies, who cares? Someone else is gonna live. Fair trade, heh? [/sarcasm]

Quote:
And if there are many children waiting for adoption and have crapy life, they STILL GOT LIFE. How come that death is better? Why don't every single man in the world commite a suicide because he's feeling unhappy?
Actually, more then enough people do this. Not just because they're "unhappy", but because they have severe problems. Having a "family" you have no chance of giving them a halfway decent way of living is one of them. In fact, here in germany you read more and more about so called "extended suicides", were mothers or fathers kill the rest of the family and then themselves, because they see no chance of a decent future (because of unemployment, their social situations and so on). You're making it a LITTLE simple there.
Quote:
Wasn't he supposed to fight hard so it gets a little bit better, and so on generation after generation?
And you think it is not only your right, but your DUTY to impose this "mission" on anybody? Again, who gave YOU this right? What makes YOU in believing this better than US not believing in such a simple truth?
Quote:
I know that we shouldn't add more childern in the line, but if baby is already made, (if she is already pregnant) that adoption is better than abortion.
I guess you speak out of experience? Or are you just omniscient?

Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 24-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #168
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Sep 24 2005, 04:41 PM
It is horrible for me to say that she has to carry it and that she will be in pain. It is option between a baby and avoiding the pain. No matter how much it is painful, it is a child we're talking about. How come that pain is more important than a new life?
Pain can be pretty nasty, though. And keep in mind that it isn't your pain you're talking about, so it's very easy for you to say that life should take precedence over it no matter what. To you it's only ever going to be an intellectual problem, not something you might actually have to go through yourself at some point of your life.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 24-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #169
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Which is why men should just bugger off and mind their own business

For us it is only an intellectual problem, and men are not known for their thinking... especially not regarding sex, relations and the outcome of those :bleh:
Old 24-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #170
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 24 2005, 05:13 PM
Which is why men should just bugger off and mind their own business
That's not what I meant, really, but if I were to say that I couldn't understand why men made such a fuss about prostate cancer, you'd be completely justified in jumping down my throat and telling me that I didn't have the faintest idea of what I was talking about. There is a difference between viewing something as a purely academic problem (like the question of what difficulties mankind will be facing two hundred years from now) and viewing something as a problem which might potentially affect you (like the question of what will happen if the oil supplies run out in 2010).
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles