Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #161
DeEnA

hello everybody, with DOS-Box the game works fine, so thx for the replys.

i ve got a little problem playing dune2.... ingame i can only choose 1 unit for ordering, wasn't it possible to put a square on several units to choose them all?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #162
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Only in Dune2000, the remake, not in the original versions.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 12-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #163
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

It never been able to select more than one unit at a time in Dune 2. That's why it was such a praised "improvement" in C&C, for you were able to select as many units as you want on the battlefield.

Dune 2 is considered as the "father of all RTS games", it's very old and it's bound to have such weaknesses... The gameplay, like about all the old games, is still gold tough.
Old 13-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #164
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeEnA @ Apr 12 2007, 10:07 AM) [snapback]286716[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hello everybody, with DOS-Box the game works fine, so thx for the replys.

i ve got a little problem playing dune2.... ingame i can only choose 1 unit for ordering, wasn't it possible to put a square on several units to choose them all?
[/b]
There's a project in dune2k.com about this...I think you should search "Dune II the maker"
Old 20-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #165

[font=Trebuchet Ms] I like this game alot. It is westwood at its finest( and when it's ideas were fresh, too). The one main thing that gets me down about it is that there is no skirmish. The whole game is nothing but the campaigns. And the sound is not worth a cent so I turn it off. I always play the good guys, so if u r the same way, play Atreides. If u can afford it, what I do is I make multiple hi-tech factories and send in swarms of Ornithopters. Since their weapons aren't too accurate and the buildings are so close together most of the damage is caused by rockets that miss(enemy rockets!). Great game. If I had ten thumbs they'd all be up!. Long Live the Fighters! From Scarrior the III

Old 15-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #166
Ant2007

Scans of the original manual can be downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/31452174...anual.zip.html

Be warned, it's a 34MB download.
Ant2007 is offline                         Send a private message to Ant2007
Old 16-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #167
abandon

being able to select/order more than one unit at a time wasn't very useful in dune 2, and add to that the manual had the directions wrong... it was down right frustrating...

What the game allowed you to do was follow an already moving unit to its destination and that's it. If you changed orders to that "leader" unit before it reached its destination then the "follower" would just stop.

Old 18-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #168
Aberu

Send a message via ICQ to Aberu Send a message via MSN to Aberu

The article writer isn't safe in saying it's the first RTS. I remember playing Herzog Zwei well before Dune 2 came out, and it was released 3 years earlier if you look at the dates.
Aberu is offline                         Send a private message to Aberu
Old 18-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #169
velik_m
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aberu @ May 18 2007, 02:53 AM) [snapback]290689[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The article writer isn't safe in saying it's the first RTS. I remember playing Herzog Zwei well before Dune 2 came out, and it was released 3 years earlier if you look at the dates.
[/b]
It doesn't say it was the first. Anyway there was already a discussion about it in the thread.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #170
KrazyHades

I'm having a problem running Dune II. After completing the first mission for the Atriedes, the mentat says there are reports that I've been communicating with the Ordos, so he must ask me some questions. The questions are about things such as armor class, speed, and unit type. After completing the third question, the game closes! I have no idea why. Would somebody please help me with this issue?