Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #151
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

How did you guys make the game into a non-CD using game? Some kind of alteration to the config maybe? If you feel generous, either post the knowledge here or email me please so I can do that for my own cd. Dosbox doesn't seem to like me with my cd.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 16-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #152
Keenan

Hey everyone, My name is Keenan, and I'm probably the biggest Crusader fan in the whole world (Here's evidence: http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/viewtop...=3514&start=0) and I'm making the best Crusader site ever (www.echosector.com), it's not up yet, but I hope it will be by September 22nd (10th anniversary of No Remorse)

I'm not really against abandonware, but this game is simply fantastic, you must buy it off of eBay or whatever, and see the storyline, fantastic characters and acting.

*e-mails removed for safety reasons*

Old 19-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #153
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Finally got the thing to work without a hitch. Except for the sound.flx, which I am borrowing from Regret right now. Certain sounds like opening barriers sound funny, like when you blast a lady in a swivel chair with a GL303.

If you are using your own cd, you can copy the cd to a directory and label it something like
C:\oldgames\remorse
then in dosbox's config at the bottom type
mount D (or anything but C) C:\oldgames\remorse
now type (at the dos-box screen)
mount C C:\oldgames
and run the install off of your copied-to-disk cd

this is very neccessary to run this game from a non-dl'd game, but you can also set it up to run from cd, but my cd itself sucks.

If anyone needs the FLICS folder, or AMF files for music I can email a rar of either to you. Don't know if the flics will work for you, but they work for me.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 22-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #154
Scorch

Cool Game. One of the best.. Except some broken things.

Old 23-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #155
Lionheart1827

Hi, I've had my original No Remorse cd since 95 and ever since i got rid of my first computer(which ran it great back then) I've never been able to get it to work. with the help of dosbox i was able to install it and then right when I tried to run it, it said "couldnt locate file <null> in fiel/fastflex" or something along these lines. I skimmed through these pages a little bit, but i figured if i just asked id get a response. Sorry if this has bee mentioned, im kind of in a hurry.

Thanks.

Old 23-06-2005, 05:08 AM   #156
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Do what I said two posts above yours. Perhaps this will help?

And make sure your cd isn't broken...
Old 23-06-2005, 05:56 AM   #157
Lionheart1827

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Jun 23 2005, 05:08 AM
Do what I said two posts above yours. Perhaps this will help?

And make sure your cd isn't broken...
Thanks bud.

By the way, I love your avatar, Planescape Torment is one of my favorite RPG's ever. k:

Old 23-06-2005, 06:00 AM   #158
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Yeah, i need to fix it though. You can't read the part that says go ahead, call me a freak. See what happens LOL
Old 23-06-2005, 06:28 AM   #159
Lionheart1827

Aright im still getting that stupid "file/fastflex" error whenever i try to run the game in dos box. this is really making me mad(not really, actually sad ) My cd is in perfect condition, no scratches at all.

Old 23-06-2005, 07:46 AM   #160
Lionheart1827

never mind, I got it. I just installed it regularly and then just manually copied all of the data files from the cd into the installed directory. worked like charm. thanks for the help and for keeping this classic alive guys! k: